dirty

  • JR Ellis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2009
      Dirt, mud, clay, salt, soaps and oils – brushes, sisals, towels – lions tigers and bears oh my

      I just got over poison oak. Meanwhile, I became obsessed with mud as the only external tool to remove the toxins, since scratching was verboten.

      I have gathered a collection of personal hygiene products that will have to substitute for medical care.
      Here is a list of dry clays I have amassed, the muds are hydrated –
      some of the clays I have already mixed into fine muds, and have to tend to them to keep them textured properly.

      Kaolin clays: white, red, and pink
      Bentonite clay
      Red Moroccan clay
      Common Californian Red pottery clays
      Fullers Earth clay
      French Green Clay - Montmorillonite
      Glen Ivy red clay
      Edom black sea mud
      Ahava Dead Sea Mineral Mud

      I have used these clays during periods of poison oak, or just laying in the sun by the beach. I find the black muds are excellent in the beginning to prevent sun burns. The cheap red pottery clays are fine for full body masks. My favorite red clay is the glen ivy. My favorite clay might be the French green. The bentonite is very harsh, and I sometimes use it only in mixtures. Sometimes the black clays can have too much sulfur in them and smell bad. The kaolin is a mild clay. I haven't tried the morrocan or fuller yet.

      I have some nice brushes, including two kents, for dry bushing before and after; as well as abrasive towels: sisal is perfect.

      Times of mud go well with beach or lake swimming, salt scrubs, salt baths, oil baths and massages

      I also use clay when I get a boo-boo, I add a little powder to the blood which knits into a robust scab

      If you are interested, I can list the suppliers I have used or give approximate prices.

      But tell me, please, what clays have you tried?

      jr