Re: [Raw Food] Kelp Noodles

  • Doreen Nash
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
      do you know where Ican purchase? I have a low functioning thyroid and need iodine rich foods

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
        I buy them by the case from the company because no one around me sells them.
        http://www.kelpnoodles.com/

        On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Doreen Nash <doreennash@...> wrote:

        > do you know where Ican purchase? I have a low functioning thyroid and need
        > iodine rich foods
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Margaret Gamez
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
          I got my kelp noodles at kelpnoodles.com
          I had a hard time getting my order worked out with the company, and their
          communication is not the best (to be extremely polite), but, in the end, I
          got 2 cases of noodles for $60 plus about $22 in shipping. That works out
          much cheaper than the cheapest other place I found them, which was selling
          them for $3.99 plus shipping (I figured I was going to like them, so I just
          went for the cheapest deal, after I found out that you can store them on a
          shelf for up to a year. At 2.5 servings per bag, I felt certain I could use
          up 24 bags in 12 months .) My ultimate price ended up being about
          being about $3.50 total per package.

          The lemon juice soak sounds worth trying, but except that I hate lemon juice
          except in lemonade and my cashew cheez recipe. I have had success sticking
          the noodles in the dehydrator at 125 degrees for 25 minutes. The advantage
          is that, if I put any vegetables in with the noodles, the vegetables go
          soft, as well. Cool trick.