Re: [Raw Food] Kelp Noodles

  • Kristi Swanson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
      Soak them in lemon juice for about 10-15 minutes then rinse well. Makes them
      nice & soft, like pasta.

      kristi

      On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Margaret Gamez
      <prettysmartideas@...>wrote:

      > Has anyone else tried the kelp noodles <http://www.kelpnoodles.com>
      > I am just wondering if I am the only one who does not care for the
      > crunchiness, and, if so, what other people are doing to soften the noodles.
      > These noodles are great, healthwise, and they dont' taste funky, but I just
      > like them better soft. What do you do to make them soft?
      > Margaret

    • Doreen Nash
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
        do you know where Ican purchase? I have a low functioning thyroid and need iodine rich foods

        ________________________________

        <prettysmartideas@...>wrote:

        > Has anyone else tried the kelp noodles <http://www.kelpnoodles.com>
        > I am just wondering if I am the only one who does not care for the
        > crunchiness, and, if so, what other people are doing to soften the noodles.
        > These noodles are great, healthwise, and they dont' taste funky, but I just
        > like them better soft.  What do you do to make them soft?
        > Margaret

      • Kristi Swanson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
          I buy them by the case from the company because no one around me sells them.
          http://www.kelpnoodles.com/

          On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Doreen Nash <doreennash@...> wrote:

          > do you know where Ican purchase? I have a low functioning thyroid and need
          > iodine rich foods
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Margaret Gamez
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
            I got my kelp noodles at kelpnoodles.com
            I had a hard time getting my order worked out with the company, and their
            communication is not the best (to be extremely polite), but, in the end, I
            got 2 cases of noodles for $60 plus about $22 in shipping. That works out
            much cheaper than the cheapest other place I found them, which was selling
            them for $3.99 plus shipping (I figured I was going to like them, so I just
            went for the cheapest deal, after I found out that you can store them on a
            shelf for up to a year. At 2.5 servings per bag, I felt certain I could use
            up 24 bags in 12 months .) My ultimate price ended up being about
            being about $3.50 total per package.

            The lemon juice soak sounds worth trying, but except that I hate lemon juice
            except in lemonade and my cashew cheez recipe. I have had success sticking
            the noodles in the dehydrator at 125 degrees for 25 minutes. The advantage
            is that, if I put any vegetables in with the noodles, the vegetables go
            soft, as well. Cool trick.