11/1 Health Thought of the Day (Not bankrupt!) Densore, 1892

  • Bob Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      11/1

      If it were true that, after so many years of abuse, we could stop the wrong
      course of living and all the blessings of health would follow immediately,
      it would be proof that this disobedience is not so bad after all. When we
      consider the wonderful mechanism of the human organism, the certainty with
      which all of its organs perform their allotted work, the inevitable penalty
      that has to be paid for every physiological lesson, and then consider
      transgressions committed for so many years, before the bills of credit began
      to mature, we ought not to be surprised it takes a few years to repair the
      damage done in a lifetime. And instead of complaining at the discomfort
      entailed, we should rather be thankful that it is not too late - that our
      accounts are not marked: "Closed!" -And that we are not found to be totally
      bankrupt in health.

      Doctor Helen Densore, 1892

      Best,

      Bob

      Bob Farrell
      Yahoo! PathOfHealth group
      part of an exchange-based community

      ---subject line inspected and post trimmed in community spirit---