10/1 - Health Thought of the Day (All Work and no Rest....) Austin, 1868

  • Bob Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      10/1

      How many, many of our businessmen and working people are mere "working
      machines"? They think of nothing, they know nothing, from Monday morning
      till Sunday night, the year round, but work. They cannot conceive of
      anything to be worthy or beautiful or good that is not connected with
      business. And men who till the soil or work in shops labored till they come
      to think that this is what life is - work! They drudge day after day,
      supposing they are fulfilling the destiny of intelligent creatures, when
      their intelligence is all the time dying out of them. No person can work
      unremittingly, whether he works from choice or necessity, without suffering
      ill health. There must be Relaxation for the body and a change of occupation
      for the mind!

      Dr. Harriet Austin, 1868

      Best,

      Bob

      Bob Farrell
      Yahoo! PathOfHealth group
      part of an exchange-based community

      ---subject line inspected and post trimmed in community spirit---