8/29 Health Thought of the Day (Stimulating food) Shelton, 1957

  • Bob Farrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2008
      8/29

      The food drunkard, no less than the alcohol drunkard, suffers when deprived
      of his accustomed overload of food, containing, as it does, salt, pepper,
      and other condiments, tea, coffee, chocolate, beer and other poisons and the
      fact is.the more gluttonous and gross the eating habits of the individual
      and the more stimulating the substance he takes in as foods, the more he
      will he suffer when he misses a meal or two. Headache is not hunger, but is
      rather a symptom of poisoning. The food drunkard needs his accustomed
      stimulating meals to maintain his fictional feeling of well being as
      certainly as does the tobacco addict or the morphine addict and for the same
      reason. The prevailing view that hunger is a painful experience is not
      based on knowledge of genuine hunger, but upon the suffering of food
      drunkards.

      Dr. Herbert M. Shelton
      Hygienic Review, Vol. XIX, October, 1957 No. 2, p.30

      Best,

      Bob

      Bob Farrell
      Yahoo! PathOfHealth group
      part of an exchange-based community

      ---subject line inspected and post trimmed in community spirit---

    • Bob Farrell
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
        Hi Shelley.

        Yes, Shelton was never known for his "political correctness'! LOL!

        One of his other sayings was: "LET US HAVE THE TRUTH THOUGH THE HEAVENS
        FALL! "

        Yes, many of us catch glimpses of ourselves in this.

        _____

        From: Bob Farrell <BobFarrell@...>
        Shelton, 1957
        To: "Bob Farrell" <BobFarrell@...>
        Date: Friday, August 29, 2008, 12:00 AM

[...]

        .

        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5520395/grpspId=1705015482/msgId
        =36868/stime=1219993259/nc1=5202316/nc2=4763762/nc3=5349282>