Fwd: [rawfood-422] NJ raw restaurants?

  • Judy Pokras
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2008
      Hi Veg NJ. I'm forwarding a question someone has...

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
        I don't know of any raw places, you can check to see what veggie or vegan
        places have raw food if you want to go through this list.

        vegnj.com

        Jeff

        On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Judy Pokras <vegwriter@...> wrote:

        > Hi Veg NJ. I'm forwarding a question someone has...

      • Bob Avery
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
          Judy/Doreen,

          >Are there any good raw food restaurants here in Northern NJ? I really
          like to dine out and can't believe I have to settle for an iceberg
          lettuce salad to stay raw.

          From the soon-to-be-released second edition of The Live Food Factor.
          (I'll let you check what part of NJ these are in.)

          The book also devotes a section of strategies for eating out and
          remaining raw other than relying on raw restaurants.

          Down to Earth
          7 Broad St., Red Bank, NJ 07701. 732-747-4542, 732-747-4718 (fax).
          Organic juices, smoothies, salads and some live food entrées. Web site:
          www.downtoearthnj.com.

          East Coast Vegan
          313-A W. Water St. (Garden State Pkwy., Exit 8, at the end of Simply Skin
          parking lot.), Toms River, NJ 08753. 732-473-9555. Hours: M-Sat 10–7, F
          10–8. ECV is NJ’s first organic, vegan, 100% raw restaurant. Soups,
          salads, entrées and desserts. Eat in or take out. Call ahead for faster
          service. E-mail: info@.... Web site:
          www.eastcoastvegan.net.

          The Energy Bar Vegetarian Café
          307C Orange Rd., Montclair, NJ 07042. 973-746-7003. Fresh juices,
          smoothies, light vegan food, raw food, desserts, snacks, fresh baby food,
          school box lunches, some specialty coffee, herbal tea, packaged and
          prepared food, some select nutrition bars and much more. E-mail: info@
          kheperfoods.com. Web site: www.kheperfoods.com/energybar.html.

          Bob Avery
        • Judy Pokras
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
            Is Down to Earth back in business? I had heard that it went out of business
            about a year ago.

            Judy