Re: OT: Mennonite Farmer Arrested for Selling Raw Milk to Other Mennonites

  • mstrong56
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 5:28 AM
      My MD, who eats and advocates a mostly raw all vegan diet, tells me
      ANY kind of milk is complete poison and cancer/disease fuel. Vegan
      anti-milk guy Robert Cohen (see notmilk.com ) says much as he
      dislikes corporate agriculture and Monsanto, that raw milk is even
      more dangerous. The Weston Price people seem particularly deluded
      (see
      http://www.vegsource.com/articles2/fuhrman_facts_fiction.htm )

      As a long time vegan, I have no dog in this fight. As a long time
      libertarian I believe if you wish to purchase and consume any
      properly labeled item that has been shown to shorten or risk your
      life, then that is your business, not the state's. As long as you
      are not risking the lives of others or infringing upon their freedom
      of action and enjoyment of their own life, then you should be free to
      weed yourself out of the gene pool as you see fit, in fact I STRONGLY
      encourage it.

      Where the state's interest comes into play, legitimately, is in
      protecting children. Let's say you purchase raw dairy because you
      are stupid and misinformed and feed it to your children and they die
      as quite a few have recently, then one can say the state did have a
      responsibility to regulate or restrict the sale of the "food" you
      gave to your children. This is no different than the state being
      able to arrest you for not having your kids in child seats. Children
      are helpless and from what I observe, many adults are stupid