Re: [Raw Food] Healing Wonderfully After Car Accident!

  • nakotakaia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Margie Roswell <mroswell@f...> wrote:
      > How do you make sesame milk?

      1 cup of sesame seeds soaked overnight
      2 cups of water

      Blend until smooth
      Strain through nut bag or strainer

      If you need a sweetener then you can add a tablespoon of honey!

      Make sure the strainer has a tight mesh so is doesn't let the pulp
      through.

      ~Nakota
    • Diane Law
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi

        I'm new to this group. Have a couple of questions.

        1. what do you use sesame milk for?

        2. Would a non-bleached coffee filter work acceptably?

        Diane

        nakotakaia <nakotakaia@...> wrote:
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Margie Roswell <mroswell@f...> wrote:
        > How do you make sesame milk?

        1 cup of sesame seeds soaked overnight
        2 cups of water

        Blend until smooth
        Strain through nut bag or strainer

        If you need a sweetener then you can add a tablespoon of honey!

        Make sure the strainer has a tight mesh so is doesn't let the pulp
        through.

        ~Nakota

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Aymee
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
          Hi and welcome
          I drink a lot of sesame milk and I use a plain ol' strainer. I just
          squish the pulp out with a spoon. You can also use a cotton napkin and
          just squeeze it out. Hope that helped
          Aymee

          I'm new to this group. Have a couple of questions.

          1. what do you use sesame milk for?

          2. Would a non-bleached coffee filter work acceptably?

          Diane

          nakotakaia <nakotakaia@...> wrote:
          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Margie Roswell <mroswell@f...> wrote:
          > How do you make sesame milk?

          1 cup of sesame seeds soaked overnight
          2 cups of water

          Blend until smooth
          Strain through nut bag or strainer

          If you need a sweetener then you can add a tablespoon of honey!

          Make sure the strainer has a tight mesh so is doesn't let the pulp
          through.

          ~Nakota

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          015482:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=124orar12/*http:/ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitake
          nattogyo?YH=3313099&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=422359553>

        • nakotakaia
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2003
            --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Diane Law <joy2knit@y...> wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > I'm new to this group. Have a couple of questions.
            >
            > 1. what do you use sesame milk for?

            ***Sesame seeds are calcium rich and I assume that since I had
            cracked several ribs and broken one that would be why I craved it so
            much.

            > 2. Would a non-bleached coffee filter work acceptably?

            ***Hmm....I don't know. Give it a try and see how it works out.

            > Diane

            *Nakota
          • nanna_mi
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2003
              --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "nakotakaia" <nakotakaia@y...> wrote:
              > ***Sesame seeds are calcium rich and I assume that since I had
              > cracked several ribs and broken one that would be why I craved it
              so
              > much.

              Hi Nakota,

              make sure you get plenty of Vitamin D with that calcium, or otherwise
              it won't do you any good. The natural and therefore the best source
              of vitamin D is the Sun. So expose yourself to sunshine, if you can.
              Other sources of vitamin D is fatty fish and certain mushrooms.

              Good luck with healing naturally!
              Nan