Fruit identification website?

  • Love Food Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
      Greetings!
      I recently visited a Vietnamese grocery store where I purchased several unfamiliar fruits and
      veggies out of curiosity. Unfortunately, nobody at the store could tell me the English names
      of the fruits I was buying!
      I have not succeeded in finding a comprehensive online resource which would allow me to
      identify these tropical fruits via pictures, ideally. Do any of you more web-savvy fruit
      connaisseurs know where I could find such a resource? I want to learn how to ripen these
      things, etc.
      Thanks!
      -Storm
    • Elchanan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
        Storm, is there a Vietnamese restaurant in your area? In my experience, the
        children of the family that owns such a place often can do this sort of
        translation, as it were.

        Elchanan
        _____