Re: craving protein?

  • Kerri Myers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      I crave things that are more protein-dense, I guess
      would be more correct. Usually nuts, peanut butter,
      beans...every once in a blue moon I crave chicken.

      I realize, however, that it could also be that these
      foods are more "Dense" in general. I just assumed it
      was protein that my body needed, b/c that's what I was
      taught.

      What else could it be?

      http://sims.yahoo.com/
    • Elchanan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
        None of the foods you mention is high protein. They are high-fat or
        high-starch, with some protein included. The physical "density" you mention
        occurs in the presence of starch and especially in the presence of fat.

        Yes it is what we have all been taught ... there are no protein cravings,
        really!!!

        Instead of looking at the foods, look inward ... what are you experiencing
        shortly before you crave and cave, what patterns are there. I can help with
        this, but not over the Internet, of course. Write privately if you wish ...

        Best,
        Elchanan
        _____