Re: I fell off the wagon

  • Janet FitzGerald
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Jeannie,

      Ahhh, thanks... *blush*

      There are many scenes from a meatpacking plant. And, like I said,
      there IS time to shut the eyes from full exposure. There are two
      scenes that warrant a "shut-eye". I felt deeply saddened and angry
      after watching the movie. I knew all of it was true from experience.
      Real experience. My first paycheck job was at a McDonald's (big part
      of the movie and book), and I worked at four different canneries in
      Alaska, one of which was run by a very shady company. I know what
      it's like to be up to my knees in cold guts, watch a seriously injured
      employee wait a WEEK to be flown out for medical help (he needed
      medical help due to trauma), to throw fish hearts at coworkers to pass
      the time (people regularly worked 20 hour shifts), get tendinitis and
      keep working, watch people drop out of the workforce due to sickness,
      injuries, carpel tunnel, etc...oh, and this is all very trivial stuff
      (though I'm leaving a lot out) compared to a meatpacking plant.

      However, if you can't watch the movie, do try to read the book. I
      found it at my library and I'm almost done with it. It's amazing how
      our society's love for cow meat has dramatically changed the landscape
      of our whole country.

      As for your food consumption, I think adding more fruits will help
      curb your appetite, and then the cravings. Try adding a banana or
      three to each meal. Also, my experience with Lara bars is they
      eventually get old after a while. So, try to add variety to your
      daily diet. You can buy my dehydrator, but I don't recommend eating
      dehydrated food on a regular basis. It dehydrates the body because
      the body has to take water from within to rehydrate the food before it
      can be digested. This is enervating to the body, and besides, I've
      never found dehydrated food to be very "filling". By the time it is,
      I've eaten WAY too much of it. It's better to look for high water
      content fruits that will hydrate you and give you more oxygen.

      Jeannie, have you tried out Nutridiary to see how the macro nutrients
      in your diet look over the course of a few days? I can't answer
      questions about why you are tired until I have a better picture of
      your current diet (minus the ckn). And, there are other factors that
      can cause fatigue along the line of exercise, exposure to sun, fresh
      air, and the like.

      Janet

      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, jeannieh h <jeannieh99@...> wrote:

      > Janet,
      >
      > I appreciate your imput greatly.
      >
      > I would like to find the fast food nation, I actually looked for it
      at Blockbuster but didn't find it. I should have asked but I didn't.
      If the disturbing parts involves hurting animals, I might not want to
      watch it. I can't stand seeing anything that involves cruelty to
      animals. Otherwise, I'd love to see it. Anything that will take away
      my desire for sad. I'm that desperate to loose the hold it has on me.

      > I realize my daily intake is super boring. I just don't know wha tto
      do to make it more exciting. I don't own a dehydrator and I can't
      afford one for awhile.

      > If my caloric intake is too low, why am I not loosing more weight??
      I do feel very tired every day, more than I've ever felt. Any
      suggestions on how I could correct this? I appreciate your feedback.