Re: [Raw Food] Detox questions

  • Rusty
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
      >I developed a horrible sore throat and now I've got major
      sinus congestion to go along with it. Can anyone provide an idea as
      to how long this may last?
      -
      Chantal, that depends entirely upon your body's total build up of toxins.
      Here's an excellent description of the retracing [healing crisis]process.
      http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/retracing.htm
      -
      >I freelance doing voice over work for
      commercials outside of my 9-5 job and I have had to cancel two
      auditions already.
      -
      Hve you tried I Tablespoonful of the Greens+, shaken up in a glass of water
      and downed just before the audition. It could give you a boost long enough
      for the take. The extra dose shouldn't set you back and won't acidfiy
      becasuse it's alkaline.
      BYW. I talked with Sam Gracie, the formulator of Greens+, recently and he
      advises adding Some BioK+ to that regimen to keep the pro biotics at a high
      level to take a load off the liver during the detoxification process. And
      it's Live food for sure, containing over 50 billion live acidophilus per
      serving.
      rusty
    • keemosabe
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
        Hi Chantal,
        It's hard to say if it's taking too long for you to lose weight
        since you didn't mention how long you've been eating raw. Unless
        I missed it, you only mentioned how long you've been doing the
        detox, which is one week. (I assume all that liquid is part of
        the detox, not part of your raw food diet?)

        There are two things you may not know.
        The one thing you probably have read or heard is that your
        metabolism makes a difference in how easy it is to lose weight.
        The other, which is related,is that the amount of body fat one
        has also factors into weight loss.
        Without getting too technical, the more fat one has, the less
        efficient the body is at burning fat and calories. In fact, the
        body is less efficient in just about every way.
        As for metabolism, there are easy formulas to determine one's
        basal metabolic rate, but I don't think those are truly helpful.
        Basically, the more exercise you do, and, more importantly, the
        longer you've been at it (overall, not at any one exercise
        session), the more likely you are to lose weight when this diet
        is taken on.

        One of the overlooked reasons (note that I said 'one') that some
        men have traditionally found it "easier" to lose weight than
        women is that they have, at least in the past, had a longer and
        more consistent continuum of exercise in their history, even
        when it comes to daily activities that aren't exercise intended.
        I have seen many men, though, who were just as "unable" to lose
        weight as any woman when they didn't have that background, and
        tend to have lifestyles and jobs that are sedentary.

        There are exceptions to those rules, but they're pretty firm
        rules. The less movement that there is in one's history, the
        more I find that they must do something else to make up for
        that. Increasing the level of intensity and being consistent
        (both with the exercise and the eating) are immensely helpful.

        kim
      • mavalkyrie
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
          Oh how I feel your pain! Mine lasted for a bit over a week and a
          half. I felt everything you described! It does get better, so hang in
          there.

          Monte
        • Peter Gardiner
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
            Rusty,

            That sore throat to me is a detox symptom! I used to get
            sore throats in early months of eating raw. Now it does not happen.

            Better not to detox too fast!

            Peter

            >I developed a horrible sore throat and now I've got major
            sinus congestion to go along with it. Can anyone provide an idea as
            to how long this may last?
            -
            Chantal, that depends entirely upon your body's total build up of
            toxins.
            Here's an excellent description of the retracing [healing
            crisis]process.
            http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/retracing.htm
            -
            >I freelance doing voice over work for
            commercials outside of my 9-5 job and I have had to cancel two
            auditions already.
            -
            Hve you tried I Tablespoonful of the Greens+, shaken up in a glass of
            water
            and downed just before the audition. It could give you a boost long
            enough
            for the take. The extra dose shouldn't set you back and won't acidfiy
            becasuse it's alkaline.
            BYW. I talked with Sam Gracie, the formulator of Greens+, recently and
            he
            advises adding Some BioK+ to that regimen to keep the pro biotics at a
            high
            level to take a load off the liver during the detoxification process.
            And
            it's Live food for sure, containing over 50 billion live acidophilus per
            serving.
            rusty

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Chantal
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2003
              Hi Sally -
              Thanks for your insights on the detox experience. I'm still going
              through the major sinus problems - hopefully there's an end in sight.

              I'm hoping to get back into working out again (weights & step
              aerobics), but I'm still beyond tired at this point. But rest
              assured I'm still very motivated.

              Thanks again,
              Chantal
            • Chantal
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6, 2003
                Hey Steve -

                I have to say that I so thrilled to have found a great group of
                people who understand what I'm going through. Thanks for the info!

                Cheers,
                Chantal