Questions about detox

  • wendyshomeschool
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28 5:01 PM
      Hi,
      I just completed my second 'raw' month. I am at 75%. I have a
      couple of questions as I have had some detox symptoms I have heard
      about , headache, sneezing etc but some things I haven't. So some
      advice would be good...

      I think it is a bit strange, and I am not sure this is part of
      the 'going raw' process but I feel I don't want to eat cold food
      anymore. I need to keep the fruit in the fridge as it is hot and
      humid here but I feel I want to take it out a couple of hors before I
      eat it. It seems to taste better, less like I am coping with cold
      and more enjoyment. Nortmal?

      I woke up about 3 weeks ago with a few small bruises on my neck,
      arms, legs. They came for about a week then stopped. Haven't
      returned. I get a lot of allergies usually with hives but I thought
      this might of been an allergy or detox.

      I have heard that flu like symptoms are detox, but my whole family
      has come down with flu like symptoms this week -- sore throats and
      slight fever. I know that I am feeling them more raw too but what
      about flus then -- believe in them?

      Thanks
      Wendy
    • Sally Harvey
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
        I stopped drinking my water cold when I went raw. I
        have no idea why, but it just didn't taste right to me
        anymore when it was cold. Odd.

        Sally

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • manojv@now-india.net.in
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
          Hi Sally
          According to Ayurvedic principles it's undesirable to ingest anything very
          cold because of the effect it has on the digestive apparatus. I know I get
          a lot of gas if I drink anything straight from the fridge. So your body is
          probably telling you something.
          best
          Manoj

          > I stopped drinking my water cold when I went raw. I
          > have no idea why, but it just didn't taste right to me
          > anymore when it was cold. Odd.
          >
          > Sally

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • Peter Gardiner
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
            Sally,

            Not really,

            Shocking and killing some of the good bacteria in the stomache by
            dowsing it with freezing water is not a good idea.

            PG

            I stopped drinking my water cold when I went raw. I
            have no idea why, but it just didn't taste right to me
            anymore when it was cold. Odd.

            Sally

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/