New to Group

  • Aurora Solomon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
      Hi,

      I just found your group and I just received a letter from my dr that I have Leaky Gut Syndrome. I also have H.Pylori which I treated for 3 weeks with antibiotics but it doesn't feel like it's gone either. I believe that both of these syndromes are from a 14 month daily IV antibiotic treatment I was on for Lyme Disease. My body is also raging with candida from all of the antibiotics I've taken.

      A couple of months ago I stopped all antibiotics and a few weeks ago I started eating mostly raw food, no sugar, coffee, chocolate or processed food. When I want something sweet I make a smoothie. My plan is to eventually be 95-100% raw and then do a water fast. Years ago I did a 20 day water fast and a then I did a couple of 2 week fasts - all with great results.

      Has anyone done raw food/juice for Leaky Gut Syndrome, H.Pylori, candida, lyme disease, or chronic fatigue?

      Thanks for any suggestions?

      Aurora

    • Sally Harvey
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
        Hello Aurora,
        I know there are people on this list who can tell you
        the references for a couple of men who say they healed
        their colons by fasting and eating raw food. I hope
        it works for you!

        I am writing to speak of my experience with candida,
        which is ongoing and has been since I was about 12
        years old. I have tried pretty much every remedy out
        there, and have high hopes that eating raw will
        finally solve this issue for me. However, it is still
        a long process. I have recently undergone a colonic
        hydrotherapy session, which was a trip. These people
        were selling a candida therapy which consists of
        capsules with various herbs and a tincture. Many of
        the ingredients were familiar to me from my years of
        battling this. So, I am trying it. I am hoping if I
        can get my gut cleaned out sufficiently, and also take
        enough probiotics, I can lick this thing.

        At least now that I'm eating raw, I feel like I have a
        chance. A fast would probably help tremendously, but
        I just haven't felt up to that yet.

        Good luck to you. And definitely stay away from
        antibiotics and sugar!

        Sally

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Monte <mavalkyrie@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
          I am not an expert and have not experienced candida myself, but i am
          attending a workshop by Victoria Boutenko and she was talking about
          this and said to spread the word. It is recomended that one eat an
          all raw food, low-fat diet for 5 to 10 days. Low fat meaning no nuts,
          seeds, avocado, olives etc.

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Aurora Solomon" <asolo@s...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I just found your group and I just received a letter from my dr
          that I have Leaky Gut Syndrome. I also have H.Pylori which I treated
          for 3 weeks with antibiotics but it doesn't feel like it's gone
          either. I believe that both of these syndromes are from a 14 month
          daily IV antibiotic treatment I was on for Lyme Disease. My body is
          also raging with candida from all of the antibiotics I've taken.

          > A couple of months ago I stopped all antibiotics and a few weeks
          ago I started eating mostly raw food, no sugar, coffee, chocolate or
          processed food. When I want something sweet I make a smoothie. My
          plan is to eventually be 95-100% raw and then do a water fast. Years
          ago I did a 20 day water fast and a then I did a couple of 2 week
          fasts - all with great results.

          > Has anyone done raw food/juice for Leaky Gut Syndrome, H.Pylori,
          candida, lyme disease, or chronic fatigue?

          > Thanks for any suggestions?
          >
          > Aurora

        • Peter Gardiner
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2003
            Sally,

            Hydratherapy gets a mixed reception. A raw foodist whose opinion I
            respect gave a warning about its dangers. Given that he is Dr. Douglas
            Graham, I think you would do better to get his opinion rather than the
            guesses or consensus of this forum. Your question is medical in nature
            and although it seems you have had a bad passage in general from that
            profession, I think he is more than worth the try for your case.

            He has a website - so any search engine should find him.

            Take good counsel

            Peter

[...]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • margieroswell <mroswell@freebikemaps.org>
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2003
              Hi,

              I'm quite interested in Lyme. After I got Lyme, I created
              Lymelinks.org, an animated map of national Lyme incidence. I've been
              trying to interest the Lyme community in raw. I have this deap-seated
              feeling that it's a great approach to treating Lyme and associated co-
              infections.

              I'll be interested to know of your progress, and if you're
              interested/willing, I could share it with some of the key lyme
              listservs. Could maybe generate a larger community of Lyme folks to
              move toward raw, and to share feedback with each other.

              Margie Roswell
              mroswell@...
            • Rhonda
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
                Hi! My name is Rhonda and I'm in the foothills of Northern
                California. I have just joined your group. My Mother has
                interested me in raw/living foods. I am morbidly obese, and was in
                the process of getting insurance approval for gastric bypass
                surgery. I don't feel I can go through with it, and let the doctors
                reroute my insides. I have tried so many "diets", but either can't
                lose, or feel so miserable that I gain the weight back and more!

                After spending a weekend with my mom, and picking up a second hand
                Norwalk Juicer, I decided to try Dr. Walker's juicing program
                instead. I have several of his books. I learned to make a few
                juices. I decided to include a lot of raw vegees/fruit as well.

                Unfortunately, my Mom lives to far away, and I lasted less than 2
                days both times I tried. I feel like I need support to make this
                lifestyle change, so I searched for an online group for that support.
                I know I don't want to have weight loss surgery, but with my
                health/back problems, I need to get the weight down. This is my
                last chance to lose the weight without surgery. More importantly,
                to regain my health and energy. I don't expect miracles; I know I
                will need patience, endurance, and the ability to forgive myself
                for "slips" and get right back to "the program".

                I welcome advise/recommendations on how to get started. And I would
                LOVE to hear from some who have had success battling obesity with
                raw foods.

                Rhonda
                rcofresi @ earthlink.net
              • jorjeni
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
                  Hi Rhonda,

                  I am new to RAW foods lifestyle myself. Mainly I started this because
                  I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am overweight by 60
                  lbs. Even though I have had several setbacks over the last 4 weeks I
                  still managed to lose 7lbs now. I have been exersising and trying to
                  diet for the last few years and I have lost nothing. I started with
                  FIT FOR LIFE and lost 15 lbs but now that I am Going Totally RAW I
                  have lost 7 more even with set backs. I have not been exersising
                  because I am waiting to recive inserts for my shoes due to the fact
                  that I have fallin arches.

                  It is really hard to just juice so don't feel so hard on yourself. If
                  juicing along doesn't work for you or you find it too hard to do try
                  adding some salads or whole fruits to give you something to chew on.
                  I would worry thought most reports show that losing weight too fast
                  is not healthy and those that lose weight fast gain it back fast. But
                  a slow and steady weight loss of 1-3lbs a week is ideal and from what
                  I have seen people that lose this way do tend to keep it off. I
                  myself lost 60lbs before in less than 2 months gained it all back in
                  less than 2 yrs. A girl at work lost 80lbs over the course of 1 1/2
                  yrs and here she is 5 yrs later and she had not gained back 1 ounce.
                  I think she has even lost a few more lbs. in recent month and she is
                  in her late 40's.

                  The best thing to do is do what works best for you. If juicing along
                  is not something you can handle there are many other ways to go about
                  this. Maybe even try starting with Fit for Life which is 70% RAW and
                  30% cooked. Then maybe be go to cutting out dairy, then cutting out
                  meat then maybe 1 day all raw to 2 days all raw and so on. Some
                  people quite cold turkey some have to ease on into it. READ as much
                  as you can on the subject. Join as many groups as you can you can
                  never have too much good support.

                  my 2 cents

                  Jennifer