Very High Blood Pressure

  • shortus
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
      I am looking for information on the cure of very high blood pressure
      by water fasting. Do you know any good sites, particularly sites
      showing evidence.

      Thanks,
      Victor.
    • Peter Gardiner
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2003
        Hi victor,

        You will hardly need a site which specializes in lower blood pressure
        and water fasting. In 24 hours you will feel the blood thin.

        As I recall you are in Australia so this is an excellent time for a
        water fast ie the heat of the summer. There are some medical caveats
        about fasting but most doctors have advised me against fasting on the
        grounds that I might miss out on some essential nutrient. Such
        indicates to me that in seven years of medical training or whatever they
        have not one minute is devoted to the therapeutic effects of water
        fasting. Strangely if you enter "water-fasting" into a search engine, a
        queue of medics insisting on the need for their expert counsel will
        appear.

        At the risk of repeating myself, move slowly into and out of the fast.
        Thus run in and out with a day of fruit and veg only followed by a day
        of juicing before the third day of water only. Do not go more than
        about double the length a previous long fast: build up to a long fast.
        Leave a longish gap between fasts so that you do not coax the system
        into preparing for the next hunger bout by building fat in the interim.
        After five or seven days, I get the gut washed out: hydratherapy in the
        jargon. It washes out the rubbish and makes one feel a lot better.
        Last if you get in a mess, end the fast slowly and call on a medic.
        Such has never happened to me. Rather the reverse. Health goes up as
        the body repairs itself.

        Good luck

        Peter

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2003
          Peter

          I was wondering, since you gave advice on fasting and some raw food
          guiding rules, what do you think of wheatgrass juice? According to
          the rules, is juicing grass ok? How about using wheatgrass juice
          during the juice days of the fast?

          Nanna

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Gardiner" <petergardiner@e...>
          wrote:

          > At the risk of repeating myself, move slowly into and out of the
          fast.
          > Thus run in and out with a day of fruit and veg only followed by a
          day
          > of juicing before the third day of water only. Do not go more than
          > about double the length a previous long fast: build up to a long
          fast.
          > Leave a longish gap between fasts so that you do not coax the system
          > into preparing for the next hunger bout by building fat in the
          interim.
          > After five or seven days, I get the gut washed out: hydratherapy in
          the
          > jargon. It washes out the rubbish and makes one feel a lot better.
          > Last if you get in a mess, end the fast slowly and call on a medic.
          > Such has never happened to me. Rather the reverse. Health goes up
          as
          > the body repairs itself.
          >
          > Good luck
          >
          > Peter
        • shortus
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
            Dear Peter,

            Thank you for your excellent advice. I like the idea of my blood
            thinning after 24 hours.

            I can imagine you walking in the parks of Belgium.

            Victor.
          • Peter Gardiner
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
              Nanna,

              Wheatgrass makes great juice: rich. I would tend to think of
              something weaker. Of course a juice fast would bring down blood
              pressure too but not so much as the water fast. It will clear all the
              sugar out of the blood stream for a start.

              Peter.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 12, 2003
                Thanks Peter for your reply.
                I was just thinking of wheatgrass, as it is very cleansing, whether
                it's smart to do during a fast or not. Guess it's worth a try.

                Personally I have no problems with high blood pressure (actually just
                tested today: 115/82 :) but I'd like to do a fast - just need some
                time off to do it.