Fruit before noon...

  • manojv@now-india.net.in
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi all
      I'm still on the "only fruit till noon" plan and have dropped a few pounds,
      and generally feel lighter and better. However...someone expressed concern
      about this, saying that the sugar in so much fruit could be problematic.
      I'm a little concerned myself as I sometimes feel light headed for a
      spell...and still get mild headaches two weeks into the program. I was
      under the impression that it was refined sugar we had to watch out for, but
      maybe one can have too much of a good thing? Or perhaps there are
      particular fruits to be careful of? Input would be much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Manoj

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Peter Gardiner
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
        Manoj,

        The lightheadedness and headaches are symptomatic of detoxification. If
        the dizzness gets worse, slow down a little or you could wind up passing
        out. It is good to "walk off" yesterday's sugar intake. That will
        reduce the likelihood of an over-accumulation of sugar although sugar
        from fruit should not be a problem. In this cold weather I am having my
        work cut out to eat enough fruit.

        These are general comments and may verge on the territory of medical
        advice which is beyond my scope.

        Keep a weather eye!

        Peter

        I'm still on the "only fruit till noon" plan and have dropped a few
        pounds,
        and generally feel lighter and better. However...someone expressed
        concern
        about this, saying that the sugar in so much fruit could be problematic.
        I'm a little concerned myself as I sometimes feel light headed for a
        spell...and still get mild headaches two weeks into the program. I was
        under the impression that it was refined sugar we had to watch out for,
        but
        maybe one can have too much of a good thing? Or perhaps there are
        particular fruits to be careful of? Input would be much appreciated.
        Thanks
        Manoj

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • manojv@now-india.net.in
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
          Peter,
          Thanks for the advice!! I also feel sugar that we get from fruit should be
          far superior to the refined white variety. In any case I will continue to
          monitor myself!
          Best,
          Manoj
          PS One other change I've instigated seems to be very helpful, viz, to chew
          whatever I eat to an almost liquid consistency. A little irksome in the
          beginning, this has become second nature now and my digestion is only
          benefiting as a result. Also, as chewing takes time, I find myself fully
          satisfied with much less and am never inclined to gorge.
          Sure feels good to have my pants fit snugly again, after just a couple of
          weeks!

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • nanna_mi <nanna_mi@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
            Manoj

            You're doing the right thing with diligent chewing. I've read that
            every mouthful should be chewed 30 to 50 times! This way you're
            helping the digestion as the saliva mixes with the food and the
            digestion begins already in the mouth.

            And as you have discovered, overeating will not happen as you are
            more sensitive to your food intake this way.

            If they only would make lunch breaks a bit longer :)

            Nanna

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
              Manoj,

              Everything we eat should be reduced to liquid before it leaves our
              mouths.
              The notion of swallowing solid food is distinctly carnivorous and should
              not be practiced on the human digestive tract.

              For me sucking the juice out of fresh leaves goes way beyond anything
              Escoffier could ever have produced.