Re: [Raw Food] can asparagus be eaten raw.

  • Linda C
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2007
      Thanks, Margaret. I've been wondering about eating yams raw. They are my new favourite food! My husband is the real white potato lover in my household. I might as well talk to the wall as to talk to him about food nutrition, but at least he's talking about wanting to get away from meat. Never thought I'd see the day that would happen.

      Linda C.

      Margaret Gamez <mgamez@...> wrote: Linda C wrote:
      >potatoes are ok to eat raw. I've eaten them raw many times,
      > as has my mother. My husband eats them raw about 4 times weekly
      > & has for 40 years.

      A number of raw foodists say that you can eat potatoes raw, but
      recommend grating them, then soaking them, and massaging them, to
      remove the starch.

      I have found that this works reasonably well, as I do not like the
      taste of plain raw potatoes, and the soaked/starch-removed potatoes
      are more palatable, but I still don't care for them-- could be a
      sensitivity, I suppose.

      Raw sweet potatoes, finely-grated, make a really nice addition to salads.

      Margaret