Re:Need Help with Recipe!

  • Jennifer P
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hi there Jenn....

      I did the same thing yesterday by adding too much garlic to my raw tomato
      soup. Basicly it was a thinner watered down version of your sauce.
      Anyways, maybe 1/2 or even a 1/4 of a clove of garlic would be enough
      because it is so strong when raw. Another thing we sometimes love about
      tomato sauce is the slight sweetness (cooked or roasted fruits and veggies
      become sweet), so I recommend red pepper or perhaps (and I have never tried
      this) purred carrot because they are perfectly sweet in there raw form.

      As for your current leftovers and we have all done this, you could reuse
      them later. I just froze my little Disaster into portions and then used
      them as fillers in other recipes. As long as the recipe later was large
      enough, I could not taste the Once Disaster. Just a thought, because yeh,
      who wants to throw out good food :)

      Good luck :)

      Best of luck to us all who are experimenting with raw recipes.

      Jennifer

      Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
      Spaces. http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-ca
    • Donna Chapman
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
        Get a regular speggetti sauce recipe that you do like and just use raw ingredients. That way you already know that you are fairly likely to like the taste. I use to do this too especially when first starting.

        rabbit_is_wise_04 <jennifersmith@...> wrote: Ok, so I tried making raw spaghetti sauce for the first time today
        and it turned out DISGUSTING! No one would eat it so we ended up
        going out and getting something (not raw of course :( ). Anyway, is
        there any way to fix it? Any and all suggestions would be great.

        Here's what's currently in this horrible concoction:

        2 large tomatoes
        1 celery stalk (my bf HATES celery and says this is all he tastes)
        2 cloves garlic (this is VERY strong and this is all I taste)
        1/2 med onion
        1 can diced tomatoes (not raw, but at that point I was desperate!)
        Salt, Pepper, Ground Thyme, Basil, Rosemary

        It is bland, the garlic is overpowering, and completely gross. What
        are your suggestions to either fix the sauce or suggestions on how
        to use it in another way.

        Thanks!

        Jenn

        P.S. I just ordered my first dehydrator and large food processor
        and they're on the way. Hay!!

      • Margaret Gamez
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
          Ariannah Armstrong wrote:
          > some people toss one date in there for balance between the herbs.

          I think several soaked sundried tomatoes would help, and, for a mild
          sweetness, particularly if you are going to put in vinegar, one or two
          soaked raisins added to the blender (or food processor) to process
          with all the ingredients.