Re: [Raw Food] woo hoo! Master Cleanse on National TV!

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      I would caution ANYONE wanting to do the master cleanse that they take
      the time to read everything they can about it. You can do the same
      thing fasting on water - without the cayenne pepper (stimulant), salt
      (dehydrating to the body)or laxatives and ultimately get the same
      results. Nothing wrong with fasting if you know what you are doing and
      it is done properly.

      Donna
    • Donna
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
        From the Master Cleanse web site:

        Misconception #8: The Master Cleanse is for everyone.

        The truth: The Master Cleanse is great, but it's not for everyone. It
        is probably the second most powerful (read that as the fastest) way to
        detoxify the body. Only a water fast is more powerful. If a person has
        a great deal of stored toxins, releasing them too quickly results in
        detox symptoms, such as headaches, rashes, tiredness, irritability,
        even vomiting. Those people should not do the Master Cleanse. They
        should detoxify much more slowly with a better diet. Also, people
        recovering from surgery need large amounts of protein to regenerate
        tissue and so should not do the Master Cleanse until they have
        completely recovered from surgery. Pregnant and nursing women should
        not do it either, as there is a remote possibility that the toxins may
        find their way into the infant. Although, I have never heard of such
        actually occurring, but better safe than sorry.