Re: [Raw Food] Re: Vitamin K - Comment from Sam Quoting from Body Ecology Diet

  • Sandra Zawada
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2006
      This is what is written about Vitamin K in the Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates:

      "Peter also mentions that Os {blood type O} should not eat members of the brassica family such as cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and mustard greens because they suppress the thyroid. However, this is not at all true if they are cultured. In fact these foods are especially valuable for Type os since fermented foods ar rich in Vitamin K. This vitamin assists in the blood clotting process. Type Os lack several clotting factors in their blood and these foods can really help. Kale, collards, romaine lettuce, broccoli, and spinach are also high in Vitamin K. You can use any or all of these combined with cabbage to make your cultured vegetables. We do it all the time and ocme up with some great cultured veggie recipes. Cultured foods also provide Vitamin B-12, an important vitamin for everyone, but especially for Os who choose to be vegetarians." (Pages 177-178)

      Going back to page 105-106: "People with candidiasis are usually deficient in the B vitamins and in Vitamin D because the body's use of these vitamins depends on adequate levels of friendly bacteria in the intestinal tract. When kefir is included in the diet, your body should soon be able to manufacture sufficient amounts of these needed bacteria. Vitamin K promotes blood clotting, encourages the flow of urine, relieves menstrual cramps, increases vitality and longevity, and enhances liver functioning."

      The book goes on to say that kefir provides biotin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B1 and folic acid, stops food cravings, prospers the skin, is cooling to the body, is nature's antibiotic, help produce more pleasant, healthier bowel movements, has a cleansing effect on both intestines and helps the liver to function much better as well. Kefir is beneficial in cases of diarrhea which is common in AIDS or cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation. Helps kill the bacteria that causes ulcers. And on and on....

      "All cultured foods, including kefir keep the small and large intestines clean and free of parasites. Once in the large intestine, the beneficial bacteria create lactic acid that balances the pH level there. In this acidic environment, parasites and other unfriendly organisms cannot survive. Kefir's beneficial yeast and bacteria are ready to ambush any parasite eggs or larvae before they have a chance to establish themselves and multiply."

      I recommend this book highly. You can get it at Amazon.com. It is under $20. Be sure to get the Ninth Edition.
      Take care,
      Sam

      Blondy <trinity082482@...> wrote: Foods with Vitamin K:

      -beef liver
      -green tea
      -turnip greens
      -broccoli
      -kale
      -spinach
      -cabbage
      -asparagus
      -dark green lettuce.
      -collards
      -olive oil, canola oil and soybean oil

      sorry I cant help much more

      __.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2007
        this about the book Body Ecology diet is good I'm going to see if I
        can get the book at the libary. If not I will put it on a later want
        list.

        Theresa \o/