10/1 Health Thought of the Day

  • Bob Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      10/1

      How many, many of our businessmen and working people are mere �working
      machines�? They think of nothing, they know nothing, from Monday morning
      till Sunday night, the year round, but work. They cannot conceive of
      anything to be worthy or beautiful or good, that is not connected with
      business. And men who till the soil or work in shops labored till they
      come to think that this is what life is � work! The drudge day after
      day, supposing they are fulfilling the destiny of intelligent creatures,
      when their intelligence is all the time dying out of them. No person can
      work unremittingly, whether he works from choice or necessity, without
      suffering ill health. There must be Relaxation for the body and a change
      of occupation for the mind!

      Dr. Harriet Austin, 1868.