Re: [Raw Food] Coffee.

  • backpackinggirl20012001
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2002
      -Skin conditions can also be the result of toxic blood. I wonder if
      blood cleansing may be in order for you.

    • keemosabe
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2002
        --- shortus <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Working 16 hours a day for three years is some gig.
        >
        > As for tips on giving up:
        > I found walking to be helpful. It gives me something physical
        > to do.
        > It gives me a natural high and I am fitter.

        Admittedly, I don't walk, and don't particularly like it. How
        much do you do? I did run 5 miles last night, though, when I got
        home from doing contra dance. Contra is new to me, and I found
        it disappointingly lacking in rhythm and style...just a lot of
        spinning, which made me motion sick, so the run eased that out
        of me. Coincidentally, there was a man at the contra dance whom
        I'd never met, who sat down next to me when I was sitting one
        out to avoid getting dizzier. He also suggested that I "take up
        exercise".

        Tomorrow, I'll be meeting up with a large group of people to do
        the annual Wilson 100, a charity ride (bicycles)of 100 miles.
        Actually, my level of physical activity IS much less than I was
        doing when I took up coffee drinking . At that time, I was
        competing around the country in triathlons. I barely swim laps
        at all now, and my biking is down to about 100 miles a week
        (this week will be 145), and I just picked up running again last
        week. I hadn't been able to run since February when I crashed my
        mtn. bike and fractured my hip bone.
        Nonetheless, my activity level has remained constant (with
        variations in which activities)throughout my 20 years of
        caffeine consumption. That 16 hr./day job I mentioned above was
        being a personal trainer. I actually did it for six years, but
        only three were ridiculous hours. I didn't do much during that
        time (except picking up weights to hand them to others), but I
        did keep up a minimum to stay more fit than the folks I trained.

        > I found making very small changes helpful, such as, having hot
        >
        > chocolate rather than coffee made a difference for me.

        Yep. I've done that. I've tried a number of coffee substitutes,
        also, and decaf. I drink coffee for the caffeine effect, though,
        not because I love it. IT's not even good energy, and will ruin
        me for stuff like weight lifting because I'll be too shaky and
        hypertensive to do it. In fact, the caffeine makes me weak. For
        about two years, I drank half caf and half decaf. That was going
        okay. I don't know what happened to that.

        > It takes 21 days to form a habit and 21 days to break a habit.
        > Why
        > not start at Day One and write to us everyday until you reach
        > Day 21
        > telling us what you have done and how you feel and what you
        > think.

        alright, well, I have some soy latte's in the frig. and had one
        earlier so i could motivate to do some house cleaning and lawn
        mowing. I suspect I'll have another when I get back from the
        ride tomorrow as those longer rides often make me sleepy once
        I'm home and things are quiet.
        I have a plan to start Monday, as I do think it's a good idea.
        thanks!
        kim

        http://finance.yahoo.com