Re: detoxification

  • BJ
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2002
      Sounds like you had a miserable time.

      The flip side to this: I did 40 days of raw food recently - I quit coffee,
      quit my beloved diet Pepsi, and quit eating one of the major food groups,
      chocolate. No, I did not do this gradually; I read about it, and then set
      a date to do it....followed raw food principles faithfully - not once did I
      lapse.

      The results: I had NO detox - none, nada, nyet, whatever. I never even
      had a twinge of a headache from giving up caffeine. (And we won't even go
      into how many years I drank coffee.) I would certainly think that if I
      were going to have any effects, I would have had them right away. At least
      that makes sense to me.

      If anyone is considering eating raw, but the detox heebie-jeebies have you
      worried, rest assured it's not as bad as you may think.

      Jump in and just do it.

      Jean

      >Message: 5
      > Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Regina DeLuca <regdeluca@...>
      >Subject: Re:
      >

      >I can tell you from my own experience.....where to begin?
      >Headaches (migranes), joint aches especially in my jaw, neck and upper
      >back, fatigue, coldness, swelling (edema), rashes and/or acne in areas
      >around lymph. odor under arms, abdominal bloat, foggy and
      >dizzy, burning eyes, kidney infection, yeast infection, etc, etc, etc.
      >It definitely depends on how sick the body is to begin with.
      >Hope this helps!
      >Regina
      > raveness2002us wrote:I am a new raw foodist and I have been reading a
      > great deal about the
      >process of detoxification once the body goed from cooked to raw. i am
      >interested in hearing about first hand accounts of what to expect
      >with detoxification. So if you can please share your exprience it
      >would be greatly appreciated.

    • Jane Allard Gray
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2002
        Thought this might be of interest to some of you. I
        was planning to buy the book, Sunfood Diet, but came
        across this on the author's website about his new
        book. The site is:

        http://www.sunfood.net/raw_secrets.html

        "Because the author�s views have changed over the
        years, this book contains information different than--
        even contradictory to-- what he has written in his
        first book, �The Sunfood Cuisine.� In all cases, the
        views expressed here represent his latest thinking."

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • Jane Allard Gray
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2002
          Sorry, I thought that David Wolfe wrote both _The
          Sunfood Diet System_ and _The Sunfood Cuisine_. I
          just discovered I was wrong, so I guess I will buy
          Sunfood Diet after all :)

          Jane

          http://finance.yahoo.com