flax seed crackers

  • Hank@MT
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2 8:32 PM
      Thanks for all of your suggestions. The crackers seemed to turn out ok
      but tasted a little green. Does that make sense? The thinner crackers
      tasted more "cracker like". I am wondering if the thicker mix should
      have been dehydrated more. The are all crunchy - just in varying
      degrees. I have them in air tight containers but not refrigerated.
      How do I tell if they go bad?

      I am still working on 100% raw. Right now I eat only fruit in the
      morning. I am trying to go without bread, pasta. coffee and meat. I
      tried going all raw before without any transition and "starved", lost
      12 pounds in two weeks and started having health problems. I had to
      give up my exercise program for a while. At the time, I was swimming
      about a mile and 1/2 a day. I am swimming again (not as far) but feel
      that I need to ease into a totally raw diet. I am hoping to be raw by
      August 1st but am not stressing about it. I know when the time is
      right it will happen.

      Thanks again for your help with the crackers.

      Tammy
    • Margaret Gamez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9 6:46 PM
        Tammy wrote:
        > Help! I am attempting to make the flax seed crackers from an earlier
        > post. I was able to flip my teflex sheet over but in trying to remove
        > it most of the cracker seems to be coming with it. Is it just too
        > early to take it off? The top part seems pretty dry but the part I
        > exposed when flipping it is still really moist (as the recipe said it
        > would be).

        If the cracker will not peel/fall off the teflex sheet easily, then it
        is too soon to remove it. Flip it back over and dehydrate some more.
        In my experience, recipes don't always work time-wise.... perhaps it
        is due to humidity in the air...
        I usually dehydrate for 1-2 hours (up to 4) and then flip.
        The earlier you can flip, the sooner you can score the crackers, in my
        experience (it doesn't work as well for me to score them before they
        are ready to be flipped.)
        I hope this helps. If not, please feel free to write back.
        Margaret