Re: Where to find this book?/Nutritional Immunology

  • Tommie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
      Good morning! Margaret, I clicked on the second link and got the
      message that my browser must have a bug. Your search evidently only
      works on your computer. :) I did a little more googling and found
      that Dr. Chen (a very attractive woman, BTW) is based in Singapore
      and her book must be part of the seminars she conducts. The company,
      eExcel, is heavily into selling supplements. Personally, the only
      supplement I take is the occasional B-12 lozenge. I would prefer to
      spend my money on good organic produce that I eat, as far as
      possible, in its natural state. That might involve blending but I try
      to keep the food with all its parts and not subtract anything from
      it. That said, I _do_ peel bananas, mangos, and I don't eat
      watermelon rind but I think you get the picture. Juicy is better and
      supplements are fractured. Leah,you might be able to get the book
      through your local library but it seems to be scarcer than hen's
      teeth.

      Tommie
      http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com

      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret Gamez" <mgamez1@...> wrote:

      > Leah wrote:
      > > Where can I get a copy of Dr. Jau-Fei Chen's
      > > book Plant Foods & Nutritional Immunology?
      >
      > Hi Leah!
      > I haven't been reading current messages, so I have
      > no clue what this book was about, but... unavailability
      > of something, even if I don't know about it, bothers me,
      > so I Google'd the title: this is what I got:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0965102505/bookworm06-20/701-
      8540280-2635513

      > when you are looking for a book, I highly recommend
      > Amazon.com. as to what happened when I searched for this
      > book at www.amazon.com...
      > on the title search, I got NOTHING.
      > I went to advanced search, which is not scary, and
      > which allows you to search by author, and I got
      > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref=s_sf_b_as/
      104-9529309-4940758

      > I hope this helps.
      > Margaret

    • melanieburtis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Tommie" <jerushy@...> wrote:

        > Good morning! Margaret, I clicked on the second link and got the
        > message that my browser must have a bug. Your search evidently only
        > works on your computer. :)

        Actually, Margaret's link to the 2 books available through alternate sellers on Amazon worked
        for me! They are used, and the lowest price was $43, so opted not to purchase it at this time.
        So, Tommie, there are 2 left! I checked this morning, again using Margaret's link.

        Melanie