Re: [Raw Food] high blood pressure

  • Raine
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
      From what I've read it's processed *table* salt that's detrimental to
      BP. Natural sea salt shouldn't affect it negatively at all. (Though I am
      human and don't know everything.)
      Of course a raw diet is likely the best move WW can make.

      -Raine, learning as we go

      --
      Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com
      <http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2&r_by=raineluvsj@...>

    • SV
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
        Most of the longtime raw folks say to avoid ALL salt. That includes the
        "natural" salts. The only truly natural salt is what comes in food, celery
        is the best if you need a salt fix.

        Shari
      • whatever whenever
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
          i heard bananas are a good fix of salt, they have the potassium we need, so does this mean i cannot eat ice cream with almonds? baskin robins, i need it..lol!

          guys its day two on raw food diet and i feel normal, yesterday i was hungry and constantly eating fruit, Raine, thanks so much for the advice, i majorly appreciate it, i guess my biggest problem is i get stressed out to much and take myself too seriously, i just need to relax, im only 19 its crazy!

          Raine, i think i wil take you up on the whole hot pepper thing, but cant make that tincture you suggested as i cannot drink alcohol. but i have a question, i get BAD BAD stomach pains when i consume sweetcorn, and start throwing up, like food poisoning, i think i may have a mild case of ibs, irritable bowel syndrome, so is it still OK to eat the hot red peppers?

          I've been eating fruit and salads.. had half a packet on biscuits (but thats generally morning cravings) .. so one chocolate bar or ice cream wont hurt? would it?

          SV <shavig@...> wrote:
          Most of the longtime raw folks say to avoid ALL salt. That includes the
          "natural" salts. The only truly natural salt is what comes in food, celery
          is the best if you need a salt fix.

          Shari

          Raw food diet Gabriel cousens Food enzymes David wolfe Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes

        • Raine
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
            Hiya WW,

            Your reaction to corn sounds like a possible food allergy. It is a
            grain, and that's a very common allergy as I understand it. As for the
            cayenne, everything I've read states that it aids digestion. The
            herbalist Dr. Schulze says, "*Cayenne is a Stomachic, HELPING to DIGEST
            Foods and a Carminative, HELPING to EXPEL Gas."
            http://healingtools.tripod.com/thns15.html
            The best I can offer is the suggestion to try a very small bit and see
            how your body reacts. Then you will be better informed for making
            further decisions.

            There has been some incredible discussion about transitioning, letting
            go of emotions connected to certain foods, and how to handle slip ups
            productively on the rawschool group. I've really learned a lot from it,
            and it may help you with things like cravings, stress, feelings of being
            helpless or out of control, etc...

            Success to ya!
            -Raine
            *