Re: [Raw Food] high blood pressure

  • Raine
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hiya WW,

      Go to the grocery and buy the hottest peppers they sell. Use these in
      your food. You can find some powdered cayenne pepper and use it as well.
      You can also make a tincture (if this isn't on topic for the group, I do
      apologize. I'm new to raw.) by blending peppers and mixing with vodka,
      or apple cider vinegar. Keep this mixture in a jar, shaking daily for
      about 2 weeks. At the end of two weeks, strain through a coffee filter
      and the remaining liquid is the tincture. Do not get this on your hands,
      it will burn the snot out of your skin (I speak from experience)! Your
      homemade tincture will be leagues better than anything you can buy at
      the health food store. I currently take 6 drops a day in juice for
      improved circulation and to protect my heart. Likely as my diet improves
      so will my health and I won't need it any longer, but for now I deal
      with the issues I have.

      Your blood pressure absolutely can go back to normal! Stress can be a
      major factor.
      You are very worried about your condition, and rightly so. Your best
      weapon against this is knowledge. Read read and read some more. Learn
      all you can about diet and blood pressure. Find out what foods are best
      to eat. Be proactive so you aren't feeling like this is happening *to*
      you, but that you have the control because ultimately you really do. You
      are in charge of your life, and of your health. You are your own
      champion. You can do the things and make the changes you need for
      yourself. I'm rooting for ya!!

      -Raine

      --
      Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com
      <http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2&r_by=raineluvsj@...>

    • Raine
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
        From what I've read it's processed *table* salt that's detrimental to
        BP. Natural sea salt shouldn't affect it negatively at all. (Though I am
        human and don't know everything.)
        Of course a raw diet is likely the best move WW can make.

        -Raine, learning as we go

        --
        Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com
        <http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2&r_by=raineluvsj@...>

      • SV
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
          Most of the longtime raw folks say to avoid ALL salt. That includes the
          "natural" salts. The only truly natural salt is what comes in food, celery
          is the best if you need a salt fix.

          Shari
        • whatever whenever
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
            i heard bananas are a good fix of salt, they have the potassium we need, so does this mean i cannot eat ice cream with almonds? baskin robins, i need it..lol!

            guys its day two on raw food diet and i feel normal, yesterday i was hungry and constantly eating fruit, Raine, thanks so much for the advice, i majorly appreciate it, i guess my biggest problem is i get stressed out to much and take myself too seriously, i just need to relax, im only 19 its crazy!

            Raine, i think i wil take you up on the whole hot pepper thing, but cant make that tincture you suggested as i cannot drink alcohol. but i have a question, i get BAD BAD stomach pains when i consume sweetcorn, and start throwing up, like food poisoning, i think i may have a mild case of ibs, irritable bowel syndrome, so is it still OK to eat the hot red peppers?

            I've been eating fruit and salads.. had half a packet on biscuits (but thats generally morning cravings) .. so one chocolate bar or ice cream wont hurt? would it?

            SV <shavig@...> wrote:
            Most of the longtime raw folks say to avoid ALL salt. That includes the
            "natural" salts. The only truly natural salt is what comes in food, celery
            is the best if you need a salt fix.

            Shari

            Raw food diet Gabriel cousens Food enzymes David wolfe Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes

          • Raine
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
              Hiya WW,

              Your reaction to corn sounds like a possible food allergy. It is a
              grain, and that's a very common allergy as I understand it. As for the
              cayenne, everything I've read states that it aids digestion. The
              herbalist Dr. Schulze says, "*Cayenne is a Stomachic, HELPING to DIGEST
              Foods and a Carminative, HELPING to EXPEL Gas."
              http://healingtools.tripod.com/thns15.html
              The best I can offer is the suggestion to try a very small bit and see
              how your body reacts. Then you will be better informed for making
              further decisions.

              There has been some incredible discussion about transitioning, letting
              go of emotions connected to certain foods, and how to handle slip ups
              productively on the rawschool group. I've really learned a lot from it,
              and it may help you with things like cravings, stress, feelings of being
              helpless or out of control, etc...

              Success to ya!
              -Raine
              *