Re: [Raw Food] Digest Number 1708

  • sharie lush
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2006
      Thank You Margret!I bnook marked those pages.
      Shari - what do you so with the coconut oil?
      Wash your face with water and coconut oil at night?
      TIA
      Sharie

    • SV
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
        " Wash your face with water and coconut oil at night?"

        Morning and night. First thing I roll out of bed in the a.m. I rinse with
        cold water and smear some on. Do my meditation and then my walk. About 1
        1/5 hours later I shower and then use it all over my body.

        Night I just rinse my face (no washcloth) with warm water and use coconut
        oil before bed.

        Shari
      • Jane Edenfield
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
          Does the coconut oil sink right in or does it feel oily? Is there a
          brand that you like over another?
          Thanks
          Jane Edenfield
          On Jun 1, 2006, at 7:06 AM, SV wrote:

          > " Wash your face with water and coconut oil at night?"
          >
          > Morning and night. First thing I roll out of bed in the a.m. I
          > rinse with
          > cold water and smear some on. Do my meditation and then my walk.
          > About 1
          > 1/5 hours later I shower and then use it all over my body.
          >
          > Night I just rinse my face (no washcloth) with warm water and use
          > coconut
          > oil before bed.
          >
          > Shari

          > Raw food diet Gabriel cousens Food enzymes
          > David wolfe Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "rawfood" on the web.

        • Tommie
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
            Hi, Jane! It feels oily for a little while but goes into the skin in a
            matter of minutes. If you put it on a washcloth, you can use it over
            and over on clean skin. As for brands, the important thing is to get
            cold-pressed. What I'm using currently is Coconut Oil Supreme from
            http://www.coconutoil-online.com I've used Tropical Traditions, too.

            Tommie
            http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com

            --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Jane Edenfield <boxers1@...> wrote:

            > Does the coconut oil sink right in or does it feel oily? Is there a
            > brand that you like over another?
            > Thanks
            > Jane Edenfield
            > On Jun 1, 2006, at 7:06 AM, SV wrote:
            >
            > > " Wash your face with water and coconut oil at night?"
            > >
            > > Morning and night. First thing I roll out of bed in the a.m. I
            > > rinse with
            > > cold water and smear some on. Do my meditation and then my walk.

            > > About 1
            > > 1/5 hours later I shower and then use it all over my body.
            > >
            > > Night I just rinse my face (no washcloth) with warm water and use
            > > coconut
            > > oil before bed.
            > >
            > > Shari
          • Jane Edenfield
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
              Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.
              Jane Edenfield
              boxers1@...

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
                It feels greasy for a short while and then soaks right in, at least on me.
                I like www.livecoconutoil.com

                Shari
              • Leah Morrison

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 2, 2006
                      Leah, I _think_ 74 degrees F. is the magic temperature. Above that,
                      it's liquid, below that, it's solid. At the end of the day when it's
                      pretty warm in my house (I try to use the air conditioner as little as
                      possible) it's liquid.

                      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, stacey boren <springsilvermoon@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Coconut oil turns to a liquid when it gets warm, otherwise it's a
                      white solid.

                      > Leah Morrison <l_morrison2002@...> wrote: I have been avoiding
                      asking this question because I didn't want to look like a ding dong..
                      .. ;-)
                      > The coconut oil I have been buying isn't liquid, is that what you
                      are using on your skin?

                      > Leah
                      >
                      > Tommie <jerushy@...> wrote:
                      > Hi, Jane! It feels oily for a little while but goes into the skin
                      in a
                      > matter of minutes. If you put it on a washcloth, you can use it over
                      > and over on clean skin. As for brands, the important thing is to get
                      > cold-pressed. What I'm using currently is Coconut Oil Supreme from
                      > http://www.coconutoil-online.com I've used Tropical Traditions,
                      too.

                      > Tommie
                      > http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com
                    • Margaret Gamez
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 2, 2006
                        Leah wrote:
                        > The coconut oil I have been buying isn't liquid,

                        My coconut oil isn't liquid when I buy it, but in the warm air in my
                        NYC apartment, it liquifies pretty fast. If I keep it in the
                        refrigerator, it gets solid.
                        Think "moisturizing cream".
                        Paw a bit out with your fingers.
                        Margaret
                      • SV
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 3, 2006
                          " The coconut oil I have been buying isn't liquid, is that what you are
                          using on your skin? "

                          Yes, Leah.

                          Shari