Re: [Raw Food] Shari / Crackers

  • SV
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30 6:36 PM
      Sorry, but it's not my recipe and it is in a published book. You will see
      it when the book arrives. I'm just a little uncomfortable putting someone
      else's recipe out there.

      If I get recipes at classes, I have no problem sharing them as I always ask
      the instructors for permission. However, the only one from a class in
      Gabriel's book was the flax/pecan/zucchini one and that was a class long
      before the book was published.

      Shari
    • Margaret Gamez
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31 4:38 PM
        Shari wrote:
        > I'm just a little uncomfortable putting someone
        > else's recipe out there.

        We should respect the copyright rights of book authors ...
        nevertheless, if you copy one recipe into the list files, and clearly
        label as from such-and-such book, that is allowable. There is a gray
        line somewhere when you copy 95 recipes....<grin>
        Most of the recipes that have gotten into the list files have been
        recommended by someone who was either using a book, or reading other
        websites. When that information has been available, it has been
        attached to the file information -- both so people who like those
        recipes can go somewhere to get more similar ones from the same
        people, and so that we cannot be blamed for copying recipes without
        citing the sources.
        If you come on the list raving about X recipe, it would be nice if you
        would publish that list to the recipe.. in the end, you would be doing
        word-of-mouth advertising for the author of the recipes without
        necessarily requiring that the list member even get up out of her/his
        seat to buy the book (yea! Internet! we can just change a screen and
        run over to our favorite book ordering source and order the fabulous
        book that had that recipe in it, once we know that the recipe is good
        in our kitchen!)
        Margaret
      • Kristi
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31 7:35 PM
          So what book is it from and which recipe is it?

          On May 30, 2006, at 9:36 PM, SV wrote:

          > Sorry, but it's not my recipe and it is in a published book. You
          > will see
          > it when the book arrives. I'm just a little uncomfortable putting
          > someone
          > else's recipe out there.
          >
          > If I get recipes at classes, I have no problem sharing them as I
          > always ask
          > the instructors for permission. However, the only one from a class in
          > Gabriel's book was the flax/pecan/zucchini one and that was a class
          > long
          > before the book was published.
          >
          > Shari

          > Raw food diet Gabriel cousens Food enzymes
          > David wolfe Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "rawfood" on the web.

        • SV
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31 9:44 PM
            Savory Crackers from "Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine" by Dr. Gabriel
            Cousens. Search for The Tree of Life with any search engine and you'll find
            him.

            Shari
          • Kristi
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
              Thanks! I've got that book, but have not tried that recipe...I'll put
              it on my list.

              Kristi