Tommie's Cheddar Cheez

  • Margaret Gamez
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2006
      This feedback is rather late - the discussion on "cheeze" was a while
      ago, but I just must tell you....

      Tommie's cheddar recipe is fabulous! I am going to have to go out and
      buy another lemon NOW, because this cheeze is not going to last the
      night-- I am sure of it!
      The recipe is so simple to follow. Try it!
      Margaret
    • pruegert

        Message 3 of 10 , May 8, 2006
          I just checked the group files and found this recipe that Tommie had sumbitted.... I am guessing its the one she is talking about. Now I am going to have to try it too!
          Leah

          Cashew "Cheese" 1 C raw cashews 1/3 large orange or red bell pepper Juice of one lemon 1 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp. sea salt Water Put all ingredients in blender with water just to cover the cashews, and blend together. I just take the cashews out of the bag and throw them in the blender with the rest of the ingredients. You can vary the thickness by using more or less water. It can be used as a sauce on raw "pasta" or "pizza", or to spread on crackers, or as a dip for corn chips. It's versatile.

          pruegert <pruegert@...> wrote:
          Where's the recipe? Can you repost it?

          This feedback is rather late - the discussion on "cheeze" was a while
          ago, but I just must tell you....

          Tommie's cheddar recipe is fabulous! I am going to have to go out and
          buy another lemon NOW, because this cheeze is not going to last the
          night-- I am sure of it!
          The recipe is so simple to follow. Try it!
          Margaret

          Leah
          http://stampyleah.blogspot.com/

        • jerushy1944
          Message 4 of 10 , May 8, 2006
            Thank you! :) Glad you like it.

            Tommie
            http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com

            --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret Gamez" <mgamez1@...> wrote:

            > This feedback is rather late - the discussion on "cheeze" was a
            while
            > ago, but I just must tell you....
            >
            > Tommie's cheddar recipe is fabulous! I am going to have to go out
            and
            > buy another lemon NOW, because this cheeze is not going to last the
            > night-- I am sure of it!
            > The recipe is so simple to follow. Try it!
            > Margaret

          • Margaret Gamez
            Message 5 of 10 , May 8, 2006
              Oops! I neglected to say that Tommie's recipe is in the list recipe
              files, under Cheeze.

              I have to add something else!!! I was so excited about this recipe
              that I went out and bought another lemon, so sure was I that I would
              have to make another batch right away...
              I don't know if you have issues with overeating, as I do... I was as
              pleased as can be that after 5 crackers with the cheeze, I was full
              the gills, and had no desire to eat any more..... until tomorrow.
              Margaret

              margaret wrote:
              > Tommie's cheddar recipe is fabulous!
            • Tommie
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2006
                Margaret, it IS rich and filling! Problem with me is that I could eat
                it with a spoon...

                Tommie
                http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com

                --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret Gamez" <mgamez1@...> wrote:

                > Oops! I neglected to say that Tommie's recipe is in the list recipe
                > files, under Cheeze.
                >
                > I have to add something else!!! I was so excited about this recipe
                > that I went out and bought another lemon, so sure was I that I would
                > have to make another batch right away...
                > I don't know if you have issues with overeating, as I do... I was as
                > pleased as can be that after 5 crackers with the cheeze, I was full
                > the gills, and had no desire to eat any more..... until tomorrow.
                > Margaret
                >
                > pruegert wrote:
                > > Where's the recipe? Can you repost it?
                > margaret wrote:
                > > Tommie's cheddar recipe is fabulous!

              • SV
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
                  "Tommie's recipe is in the list recipe files, under Cheeze.

                  I know this is a very old message, but sometimes I just keep things until I
                  have time to investigate.

                  On to my question. I went to the list section and didn't see anything that
                  said "recipes" or "Cheeze". Did it get moved since this message or deleted
                  or am I challenged?

                  Thanks, Shari
                • Mike Elliot
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
                    Shari,

                    You have to traverse your way down to it. Click down through 'FOOD
                    MANAGEMENT & NUTRITION' then go to 'FOOD PREPARATION & RECIPES' then
                    'CHEEZE' etc.

                    -Mike

                    --- SV <shavig@...> wrote:

                    > "Tommie's recipe is in the list recipe files, under Cheeze.
                    >
                    > I know this is a very old message, but sometimes I just keep things
                    > until I
                    > have time to investigate.
                    >
                    > On to my question. I went to the list section and didn't see
                    > anything that
                    > said "recipes" or "Cheeze". Did it get moved since this message or
                    > deleted
                    > or am I challenged?
                    >
                    > Thanks, Shari

                  • Tommie
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
                      Now, I take exception to that, Shari. _I'm_ not _very old_. It should
                      be there somewhere. If you still can't find it, I'll repost it. It's
                      very short and simple.

                      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "SV" <shavig@...> wrote:

                      > "Tommie's recipe is in the list recipe files, under Cheeze.
                      >
                      > I know this is a very old message, but sometimes I just keep things
                      until I
                      > have time to investigate.
                      >
                      > On to my question. I went to the list section and didn't see
                      anything that
                      > said "recipes" or "Cheeze". Did it get moved since this message or
                      deleted
                      > or am I challenged?
                      >
                      > Thanks, Shari

                    • SV
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
                        Thanks Mike! I swear that wasn't there last time I looked!! LOL!! Sometimes I wonder what I don't see.

                        Anyone see that gorilla? An article about people viewing a basketball game and being told to count how many times the ball is bounced and there was a guy in a gorilla costume running around. Later when questioned no one saw the gorilla!!!

                        Thanks again - Shari