Re: alternatives to pills/drugs???

  • jerushy1944
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
      Roger Haeske is a moderator on this forum. He suffered from depression
      until he went 100% raw. Maybe if you ask him? I don't know that there
      is a certain food or preparation that would be geared exactly to your
      problem but, if your overall health improves, I believe they would go
      away. I don't have firsthand evidence with panic attacks and anxiety
      but my moods are positive now where they used to be more negative.

      People seem to know more about hand injuries and headaches than
      problems that involve mental health but, hopefully, someone that has
      had the same type of condition will speak up.

      Hope this helps,
      Tommie
      http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com

      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Bad Dobby <dobeythehouseelf@...> wrote:

      > Hey all...
      >
      > Due to my illness...I get frequent panic attacks and anxiety
      attacks....is there anything RAW or herbal besides tea that I can use
      to ease these attacks?

      > I have xanex...but dont like taking chemicals and I am looking for a
      safer alternative.

      > Any suggestions??
      >
      > Thanks!
    • jerushy1944
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
        I just remembered that St. John's Wort is supposed to be good. I've
        never taken it but I know some people who have. I still believe the
        best way to go is to build up the body with nutrition and exercise--
        and lots of sleep!

      • TrailSeekerRanch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
          I have had anxiety and panic attacks from my back problems. They have
          gotten a lot better since I've cleaned up my diet. However if under a lot of
          stress they can come up, i.e. dental work, bad lightening storms, traffic jam,
          etc.. I carry Rescue Remedy with me at all times. It works for me.

          However warning...........the first time I started taking it, I had to take
          it like 3 or 4 times a day I was such a wreck. I slept for about two days
          it worked so good. My body needed the rest and release it gave me.

          It's great stuff!!

          Denise from Florida

          In a message dated 4/3/06 10:30:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

          From: Leslie Leddo <leslie@...>
          Subject: Re: alternatives to pills/drugs???