Re: [Raw Food] Re: Which couple of raw foodism sites are best to refer inquir...

  • vegwriter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2006
      I recommend my magazine:

      Raw Foods News Magazine

      _www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com_ (http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/)
      An online newsmagazine founded in March 2001 as rawfoodsnews.com featuring
      authoritative info, breaking news, and fun interactive features on the raw
      vegan lifestyle. * Rated Number 1 in the Webseed Directory's most interesting
      sites list, based on how many articles a person looks at in any one visit. *
      Recommended by Writer's Digest, EnergyTimes, The Vegan Guide to NYC, the
      Japanese magazine Engine, breathing.com, best-selling author Harvey Diamond, and
      the national radio program Carolyn Craft's Inner Wisdom.

      In a message dated 3/31/2006 9:30:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Can you post the link for Yahoo! Answers?

      Tommie
      http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com

      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Tiffany" <bluelairess@...> wrote:

      > I know of 30-some raw foodism sites, but can't make up my mind on
      > which ones. (I would of course refer others to our group, after
      they
      > already have a basic understanding of the raw foods lifestyle).
      >
      > If you haven't seen the ads, there's this new fun service
      > called "Yahoo! Answers", which actually could be a useful tool for
      > spreading our knowledge of raw foodism.
      > It's a free "social networking-online community-Question/Answer
      > service" for all Yahoo! members. You could ask any kind of
      question,
      > pick one of the Yahoo! categories it should belong under, and it
      > gets 'advertised' in a pool of interconnected users so that they can
      > answer to their best of knowledge. They get 2 'points' for
      > answering; when you ask the question it deducts 5 points, but you
      > start out with an automatic 100 points.
      >
      > I think it's fun, but most importantly we could use it a little here
      > and there to help others who are asking food or health-related
      > questions by referring them to raw food info sites, along with a
      > couple sentences about personal experience.
      >
      > I'm sure it would be a great way to get more people involved in the
      > raw food lifestyle exponentially-speaking, and could soon change the
      > world!
      > Thanks,
      > Tiffany

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tiffany

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4 5:31 AM
          http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/

          I can't seem to get the page to open.

          Shari

        • Alex Malinsky
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4 5:48 AM
            http://www.rawfoodchat.com - soon to be the greatest raw food community on the planet!

            Alex

            SV <shavig@...> wrote: http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 6 12:23 PM
              Thanks, Alex!
              The raw food chat site you referred does have a 'why go raw?' link right up front, and lots of other links neatly organized around the home page especially for inquirers.
              I don't know yet if when one subscribes/registers, there's an option to receive emails like we do in this group?
              I gave the home page a good look-over, but before I register I want to get caught up with the posts in this group! (I'm so busy otherwise).
              -Tiffany

              SV <shavig@...> wrote:

              http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/

            • Judy Cozza
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 6 3:28 PM
                Hey - just a quick note - this Alex Malinsky is who I bought my equipment
                from
                on RAWGURU.com
                He is the best guy and customer service rep I have ever met.
                I put my blog on his journaling page on rawguru.com.

                I just thought it was neat that I saw his name and that Tiffany was
                corresponding with him.
                Judy in Phx

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 6 4:09 PM
                  Hi Judy,
                  I had no idea who Alex was! That's great to know about him...we all should have a little sentence at the end of our posts describing where we come from in a nutshell, so others could put an idea (instead of a face) to a person!
                  I'll definitely get some things on rawguru.com since you're saying you've had such a great experience with him.
                  -Tiffany

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 6 6:17 PM
                    When I was waiting anxiously for my Vita mix to come - I emailed him 3
                    times.
                    The last time I emailed him - his reply was "check by your front door!".
                    I ran and there it was!
                    I have emailed him many times and he is very quick to reply and help me with
                    ANYTHING.
                    You will be so happy to deal with that company - you are dealing with a REAL
                    PERSON
                    who cares.
                    That matters to me.
                    Thanks