Re: Utility of rawfoodism

  • shortus
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 5:27 PM
      Dear Peter,

      Thanks for your message.

      I am committed to raw for myself and I am interested in the process
      of moving from cooked to raw.

      It seems to me to be a learning process akin to quiting smoking or
      learning the clarinet.

      I am interested in the practise of learning to eat raw rather than a
      study.

      Eating raw is a physical thing, something that can be practised, like
      the clarinet.

      I am lucky in that I live surrounded by fresh, fruit and vegetable
      markets, all in walking distance. The only thing stopping me eating
      raw, is me.

      Or is it me? Perhaps I am engaged in a learning process that involves
      eating cooked then raw so that my body, my mind and my friends learn
      the benefits of raw.

      I do like the idea of proceeding one bite at a time, then digesting,
      not only the delicious fruit and vegetables, but my feelings and
      thoughts as well.

      Nice to hear from you,
      Victor.
    • Peter Gardiner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5 11:17 PM
        Victor,

        I too have often thought that the population of rawfoodists could
        supply interesting information to itself as well as to the
        world at large.

        Many studies have doubtless been made in varying areas of the science
        of rawfoodism and there would seem little point in repeating what is
        already known.

        Certainly the area which seems at the forefront of interest for this
        group
        is the transition from cooked to raw and flirting with both sides of
        those diets.
        For you the perceptions of being on one side or the other seem to be of
        interest.

        Of couse putting together such a study is no simple matter but if
        anyone would like to dig into this resource, I, for one, would
        interested to
        know what might be revealed.

        Yours

        Peter