Re: [Raw Food] Re: I'm reposting these questions...

  • Albert Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2002
      hello dear ones, please excuse the intrusion but i
      just wanted to share some info. that is amazing. the
      largest raw/living foods event ever to take place east
      of the rockies , the LIVING NOW Festival ( check it
      out at www.greensunhealing.com ) is taking place this
      summer aug. 2-4 in New York State to much to
      tell....... so many great presenters like David
      Wolfe,Paul Nison,Victorus Kulvinskas,Brian Clement,the
      Boutenko family and so many others...........hope to
      see you there all ways in love albert---

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • muktabhimani
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2002
        >If you allow spices, you
        > can dip the rolls in soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos, and have
        > pickled ginger and wasabi on the side.

        Braggs Liquid Aminos has glutamic acid in it...a toxic substance also
        found in MSG (monosodium glutamate) so if you want a salty liquid, I
        would stick to Shoyu or Tamari.... they are at least relatively non-
        toxic. I used Braggs before I knew what was in it and it made me
        really sick.

        Arizona

        --- In rawfood@y..., carolj1974 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I would also like to hear of some meal ideas for hurried evenings
        > > after work and brown bag lunches. Something that I can get on the
        > > table in a reasonable amount of time that will also appeal to my
        > SAD husband (who at least like veggies and salads)
        > >

        > Hi,
        >
        > Getting quick meal ideas together is a problem for me too; it's
        > one reason I'm not as raw as I'd like to be. But some things that
        > have worked pretty well:
        >
        > For lunch, I wrap lettuce leaves around sandwich fillings (in my
        > case, avocado, tomato and onion) and just hold it together like
        > a wrap while I eat it. Someone else on here suggested adding
        > a raw salsa to that, and it sounds like a great idea. I posted some
        > raw salsa recipes earlier on this site.
        >
        > I haven't tried it, but I thought a fruit salad would be good for
        > lunch, just some apples, bananas and grapes chopped up together.
        >
        > For dinner, I more often give into cooked food, but here are a
        > couple ideas:
        >
        > Veggies marinara: I threw some tomatoes, onion, garlic, fresh
        > oregano and fresh basil into a food processor to make some marinara
        > sauce. If you allow spices, you could add pepper and salt or soy
        > sauce. If you're fond of sweeter sauces, like Prego, you could
        > probably add some fruit or fruit juice to sweeten.
        > Then I just chopped up some broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and
        > green peppers and ate them covered in the sauce. Of course I ate
        > avocado & raw sunflower seeds on the side to satisfy the need for a
        > little fat.
        >
        > Sushi rolls: Get some dried nori sheets, avocado and cucumber.
        > Slice the avocado and cucumber into slices, lay a couple along
        > a nori sheet, and roll up. Wet your fingers with water to make
        > the nori stick together. Then slice the roll into bite-sized chunks,
        > and repeat with another sheet of nori. >
        > There's a raw food restaurant across the street from my apartment
        > and I heard they sell raw "pizza crusts" made out of sprouted
        > something-or-other. So another idea I have is to get some of
        > those, lightly warm them, and top with avocado, spinach, tomato,
        > red onion and maybe olives (don't know about their raw status)
        > to make a veggie pizza. I haven't tried it yet but I've had
        > something similar at the restaurant and it was good.
      • realityofimagination
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2002
          I'm sorry to have to tell you guys this but Nama Shoyu supposedly has
          some form of MSG in it as well. This was according to Dr. Graham. He
          said something to the effect that any soy sauce was bad just due to
          either the processing or the ingredients necessary to make it. Sorry
          I no longer remember exactly what he said.

          He did however specifically mention Nama Shoyu as off limits.

          Roger Haeske

          P.S. Get a Free 6 Step Technique to Transition to a Raw Diet, go to
          http://superbeing.com/awesometechnique.htm

        • Regina DeLuca
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2002
            It's the Tamari that is supposedly the best b/c it's
            fermented soy. Otherwise soy is bad.

            Regina

            http://shopping.yahoo.com