CREAM OF CARROT SOUP

  • rbwest01@cox.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
      I tried a new soup recipe out of the book "Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine" (I modified it ever so little) it was pretty good. You might want to try it if you want to make a soup.

      You need a blender. If you also have a foodprocessor like the cuisinart then you are really in business.

      Juice some oranges to get 1.1/2 cup of OJ (probably 3-4 oranges) get aside.
      2 cups of almonds and put them in the foodprocessor or blender until fine. Don't overdue it or it gets sticky. Set aside.
      Put 3 carrots into a higher speed blender to chop it very fine.
      Pt 2 stalks of celery in the blender to chop it into very small pieces.

      Add the OJ in the blender with the carrot and celery. Put on medium high. Add the almond flour.

      Add, a clove of garlic, a little nutmeg and if you feel like it is too thick, add a little water.

      Turn the blender on it's highest level. It should make the soup warmer. Keep your hand on the bottom of the container to feel the temperature. All you want to do is make it luke warm. Don't destroy the enzymes. I eat this by my self and it lasts me till the morning.

      Robert W
    • jerushy1944
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
        Good morning, Robert,

        Just curious--how many servings does this make?

        Tommie
        http://www.rawburchard.blogspot.com