Re: [Raw Food] What's the best Juicer you can buy??

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
      Here is a link to the vita-mix store. THis is for a reconditioned 5000 for $299. THese are usually returns or demos with nothing wrong with them. They have the same warranty and come with the same things as a brand new one but at less cost. I just ordered one for that orice.

      http://www.vitamix.com/household/store/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=15&ObjectGroup_ID=42

      Have a great day,
      Heather

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
        Just so you know, the Vita-Mix and the K-tec are blenders, not
        juicers. Good juicers are champion and Green-Star.

        kristi

        On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:57 PM, bill asenjo wrote:

        > Where's the best place to buy a Vitamix? Ebay? Other website?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Bill

        > Gabriel cousens Raw food diet Food enzymes
        > Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes Vegetarian cooking
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > Visit your group "rawfood" on the web.

      • Lane Martin

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
            Hello,

            On the juicers, it depends on what you want. I have a Vita Mix, Omega 8005, and a Champion.

            The Vita Mix is great for smoothies and blending sort of like a food processor, you can also make pate's is just give it a different texture. It does a lot more and the clean up is easy. I bought the dough blender with mine to make and kneel bread. You can get a new one on a discount at http://www.evergreentrade.com/ @ 800.422.7980 ask for Terri and just tell them Allison Crain referred you and just find out how much of a discount you can get. The shipping is free and it is free to check...

            The Omega is great for green juicing, I use it 2 times a day for green juicing, you can juice wheat grass, it's a fruit juice extractor, vegetable juice extractor, food processor, pasta extruder and homogenizer. They run about $200.00. It is easy clean up.

            The champion is like the Omega but does not do pasta and it is heavy, bulky, messy and harder to clean. This is the first one I bought about 5 years ago, I hardly ever use it.

            If you have any other questions, just let me know.
            You can get a reconstituted one from Vita Mix. That's what I did. It's been great! Lane
            Where's the best place to buy a Vitamix? Ebay? Other website?

            Thanks

            Bill

            Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes Vegetarian cooking

            Allison
            832.498.9877
            WWW.MY.TUPPERWARE.COM/OYAFUNKE

          • bill asenjo
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
              Thank you all who took the time to reply...

              Bill

            • Lane Martin

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
                  And if I'm not mistaken, even on the reconditioned ones, you get a new pitcher -- only the
                  base/motor has been used (in a demo or something).

                  --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <nrcysus69@c...> wrote:

                  > Here is a link to the vita-mix store. THis is for a reconditioned 5000 for $299. THese are
                  usually returns or demos with nothing wrong with them. They have the same warranty and
                  come with the same things as a brand new one but at less cost. I just ordered one for that
                  orice.

                  > http://www.vitamix.com/household/store/showprod.cfm?
                  &DID=7&CATID=15&ObjectGroup_ID=42

                  > Have a great day,
                  > Heather
                • Lane Martin
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 7, 2006
                    Didn't know that... Mine certainly looked new. Lane
                    And if I'm not mistaken, even on the reconditioned ones, you get a new pitcher -- only the
                    base/motor has been used (in a demo or something).

                    --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <nrcysus69@c...> wrote:

                    > Here is a link to the vita-mix store. THis is for a reconditioned 5000 for $299. THese are
                    usually returns or demos with nothing wrong with them. They have the same warranty and
                    come with the same things as a brand new one but at less cost. I just ordered one for that
                    orice.

                    > http://www.vitamix.com/household/store/showprod.cfm?
                    &DID=7&CATID=15&ObjectGroup_ID=42

                    > Have a great day,
                    > Heather

                  • Oyafunke
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 7, 2006
                      Sorry about that, I did try to recall the e-mail and I did put my name there, but I guess it did not work. I did not me to make someone or anyone think it came from anyone but me. My name is in the body of the message. Sorry for the misunderstanding...

                      Allison

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 8, 2006
                        No problem Allison. Thanks for clearing that up, Lane