Happy New Year!!

  • Debra Thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi:)

      I'm new here (new to Raw - this is my 2nd week) and I wanted to say
      that we celebrated our first raw holiday last night:) It was pure
      decadence! My son's girlfriend (she's in Culinary school) was here
      and was blown away by what I did without an oven (or a food processor
      for that matter). I used recipes from Juliano's "RAW" (fiery lava
      soup), and Nomi Shannon's "The RAW Gourmet" (spinach mousse), then
      added a few of my own creations - sunny pesto pate' stuffed cherry
      tomatoes, raw veggie sushi, and berry parfaits laced with
      almond/date/honey crumbles and a fresh peach/cinnamon/nutmeg/honey
      sauce. My Black & Decker blender may go on strike after what I put it
      through yesterday;) That's okay tho - we're ordering a vitamix 5000
      later this month...

      I hope everyone had a lovely and safe holiday:)

      Debra
    • Debra
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
        Debra, that is awesome, and your menu sounds delish!!!
        Good for you, you must feel so great. :) Happy New
        Year to you too!

        Any chance you would share your creations? They sound
        so awesome, and I'm a struggling newbie to raw foods.
        If you didn't want to share them on the list, maybe
        you could email me? :)

        Debra

        --- Debra Thompson <Debrathompson@...>

      • vegwriter@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
          I second what Debra (jube333) wrote! Debra Thompson, I'm curious to know
          how long it took you to make all that wonderful food? And how many people
          wound up eating it?

          Thanks,

          Judy

          wrote:

          > Hi:)
          >
          > I'm new here (new to Raw - this is my 2nd week) and
          > I wanted to say
          > that we celebrated our first raw holiday last
          > night:) It was pure
          > decadence! My son's girlfriend (she's in Culinary
          > school) was here
          > and was blown away by what I did without an oven (or
          > a food processor
          > for that matter). I used recipes from Juliano's
          > "RAW" (fiery lava
          > soup), and Nomi Shannon's "The RAW Gourmet" (spinach
          > mousse), then
          > added a few of my own creations - sunny pesto pate'
          > stuffed cherry
          > tomatoes, raw veggie sushi, and berry parfaits laced
          > with
          > almond/date/honey crumbles and a fresh
          > peach/cinnamon/nutmeg/honey
          > sauce. My Black & Decker blender may go on strike
          > after what I put it
          > through yesterday;) That's okay tho - we're
          > ordering a vitamix 5000
          > later this month...
          >
          > I hope everyone had a lovely and safe holiday:)
          >
          > Debra

        • Thompson, Debra
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
            I'd love to share them:-) I'm starting my RMT internship tonight so it
            may take me a couple of days to get everything up - in the meantime, I
            posted the sushi rolls on another response, but here they are again.

            sushi rolls - I cut the nori sheets into three strips each to ease
            stuffing them. They weren't 100% raw tho - as I painted one end with
            umeboshi plum paste (not sure how it's prepared, but I used it to ensure
            the seal and add flavor - I may need to find a good alternative). On
            the other end, I smeared a teaspoon of mashed avocado to hold all the
            veggies together. Then I added strips of Portobello mushroom, golden
            beets, carrots, cucumber, and picked ginger. Then I sprinkled in some
            raw sesame seeds and also some raw sunflower seeds. Then rolled them up
            from the avocado/veggie end up to the umeboshi paste end and sealed
            them. They were quite tasty:-)

            Debra Lee Thompson

            First Horizon Home Loan Corp

            Audit Analyst

            214.441.5416

            debrathompson@...

            wrote:

            > Hi:)
            >
            > I'm new here (new to Raw - this is my 2nd week) and
            > I wanted to say
            > that we celebrated our first raw holiday last
            > night:) It was pure
            > decadence! My son's girlfriend (she's in Culinary
            > school) was here
            > and was blown away by what I did without an oven (or
            > a food processor
            > for that matter). I used recipes from Juliano's
            > "RAW" (fiery lava
            > soup), and Nomi Shannon's "The RAW Gourmet" (spinach
            > mousse), then
            > added a few of my own creations - sunny pesto pate'
            > stuffed cherry
            > tomatoes, raw veggie sushi, and berry parfaits laced
            > with
            > almond/date/honey crumbles and a fresh
            > peach/cinnamon/nutmeg/honey
            > sauce. My Black & Decker blender may go on strike
            > after what I put it
            > through yesterday;) That's okay tho - we're
            > ordering a vitamix 5000
            > later this month...
            >
            > I hope everyone had a lovely and safe holiday:)
            >
            > Debra

            w2=Raw+food+diet&w3=Food+enzymes&w4=Vegetarian+diet&w5=Vegetarian+recipe
            s&w6=Vegetarian+cooking&c=6&s=127&.sig=utn52iyFG7NAcrJuJ_GYfA>

            Raw food diet
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Raw+food+diet&w1=Gabriel+cousens&w2
            =Raw+food+diet&w3=Food+enzymes&w4=Vegetarian+diet&w5=Vegetarian+recipes&
            w6=Vegetarian+cooking&c=6&s=127&.sig=nHoW6fXBM2zSXpIjAZP2YQ>

            Food enzymes
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Food+enzymes&w1=Gabriel+cousens&w2=
            Raw+food+diet&w3=Food+enzymes&w4=Vegetarian+diet&w5=Vegetarian+recipes&w
            6=Vegetarian+cooking&c=6&s=127&.sig=5uMycb5Ca923jnm9Dunc2A>

            Vegetarian diet
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Vegetarian+diet&w1=Gabriel+cousens&
            w2=Raw+food+diet&w3=Food+enzymes&w4=Vegetarian+diet&w5=Vegetarian+recipe
            s&w6=Vegetarian+cooking&c=6&s=127&.sig=TMzMcPKzj6Kf729csW5fnA>

            Vegetarian recipes
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Vegetarian+recipes&w1=Gabriel+couse
            ns&w2=Raw+food+diet&w3=Food+enzymes&w4=Vegetarian+diet&w5=Vegetarian+rec
            ipes&w6=Vegetarian+cooking&c=6&s=127&.sig=eEfQi2ztNJn3xuWQtvWstg>

            Vegetarian cooking
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Vegetarian+cooking&w1=Gabriel+couse
            ns&w2=Raw+food+diet&w3=Food+enzymes&w4=Vegetarian+diet&w5=Vegetarian+rec
            ipes&w6=Vegetarian+cooking&c=6&s=127&.sig=4mIYJnmU-6e7RBwzpB2XtA>

            ________________________________

            Confidentiality notice:
            This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
            information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery
            of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
            distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
            in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

          • Thompson, Debra
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
              Hi Judy:-) It took me most of the afternoon, but I only had a cheap
              blender and some hand tools to make it happen;) My time will be cut WAY
              down when I get a food processor!!

              As to how many people - there were four - a mix of friends and family.
              I gave a small care package to my friend to take home;)