Re: proper mixing of foods 2

  • angelgirl50266
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
      Food combining is such a hot topic. I too think it is best to listen
      to your body. For me, fruit can be eaten anytime of the day with
      anything. Veggies seem to be most easily digested alone and in the
      afternoon or evening. It is different for everyone. Some say small
      meals, other say eat all of one food, wait so many minutes before the
      next food. It can be so confusing, really. Eat how you feel works
      best for your body.

      Nicole

      - In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "audsquad" <audsquad@y...> wrote:

      > Lots of good questions, Lance. My only responses are:
      >
      > 1) I've never been convinced of the whole "food combinings"
      hullaballoo (though I'm sure
      > others on here will disagree with me). Listen to your body and eat
      what it tells you it
      > needs. If you overcomplicate things ("uh, wait, can I have a this
      with a that?"), your chances
      > of staying with the diet, I think, will decrease. Eat a good
      variety every day -- a simple
      > rule.
      >
      > 2) I love my Vitamix, and I find that frozen fruits are certainly
      convenient and I have not
      > noticed any trouble digesting them as compared to fresh fruit (most
      of my smoothies
      > include both fresh and frozen).
      >
      > 3) I can't imagine that there is much difference in the output of a
      hand-cranked versus a
      > Greenstar or similar juicer (for wheatgrass).
      >
      > 4) I think filtered or spring water is better than distilled.
      >
      > 5) I also think there may be a reason it is difficult to find peer-
      reviewed support for a lot
      > of the claims made in "alternative" diet books, websites, etc. Some
      will argue that the
      > reason is conspiracy, but I believe that a lot of the claims are
      simply overstated. Use
      > common sense, your own trial and error, and strive to be well-
      versed in both conventional
      > and alternative suggestions, and you will -- maybe not at first but
      after a little while -- be
      > able to spot the wise from the nutty. And, like the rest of us,
      you'll never have all the right