proper mixing of foods 2

  • Lance Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      i like to eat avocados - there seems to be pros and cons wrt to their
      fat content - but are there certain foods to not combine them with?

      lance
    • audsquad
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
        Lots of good questions, Lance. My only responses are:

        1) I've never been convinced of the whole "food combinings" hullaballoo (though I'm sure
        others on here will disagree with me). Listen to your body and eat what it tells you it
        needs. If you overcomplicate things ("uh, wait, can I have a this with a that?"), your chances
        of staying with the diet, I think, will decrease. Eat a good variety every day -- a simple
        rule.

        2) I love my Vitamix, and I find that frozen fruits are certainly convenient and I have not
        noticed any trouble digesting them as compared to fresh fruit (most of my smoothies
        include both fresh and frozen).

        3) I can't imagine that there is much difference in the output of a hand-cranked versus a
        Greenstar or similar juicer (for wheatgrass).

        4) I think filtered or spring water is better than distilled.

        5) I also think there may be a reason it is difficult to find peer-reviewed support for a lot
        of the claims made in "alternative" diet books, websites, etc. Some will argue that the
        reason is conspiracy, but I believe that a lot of the claims are simply overstated. Use
        common sense, your own trial and error, and strive to be well-versed in both conventional
        and alternative suggestions, and you will -- maybe not at first but after a little while -- be
        able to spot the wise from the nutty. And, like the rest of us, you'll never have all the right
        answers. Let your philosophy and practice evolve. (It will anyway.)

        Cheers,
        Audie

        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Lance Morgan" <alancemor@y...> wrote:

        > i like to eat avocados - there seems to be pros and cons wrt to their
        > fat content - but are there certain foods to not combine them with?
        >
        > lance

      • angelgirl50266
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
          Food combining is such a hot topic. I too think it is best to listen
          to your body. For me, fruit can be eaten anytime of the day with
          anything. Veggies seem to be most easily digested alone and in the
          afternoon or evening. It is different for everyone. Some say small
          meals, other say eat all of one food, wait so many minutes before the
          next food. It can be so confusing, really. Eat how you feel works
          best for your body.

          Nicole