What the heck is a nori roll?

  • femmebabe19
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 11:56 AM
      I have heard of nori, what is it? What does it taste like? How would
      I prepare it? What does it taste like? Where are some places in the
      USA that sell it? About how much does nori cost? Is nori healthy?
      Thanks, Amy
    • lljones4938
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 10:38 AM
        I'm brand new to this list but have enjoyed reading some of the
        arcives. I'm so glad someone asked the question about the nori
        roll. I've seen them mentioned on several raw food sites and have
        found nori sheets at the health food store and the supermarket. The
        package said they should be heated or cooked -- which would not be
        in agreement with raw foodism. So . . . how are they prepared?? Do
        you just sort of use them like a tortilla to put veggies in and then
        wrap them up and eat them? What in the world does it taste like??

        Thanks in advance! --Linda
      • tgaptte
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4 11:06 AM
          Hi Linda,

          Welcome to the group! There are two kinds of Nori rolls, black (raw)
          and green(cooked). Make sure you get the black ones. I just take
          out a sheet, chop up some veggies (Red pepper, cucumber, carrot,
          celery, avocado) adn roll it up. You can make up a "sauce" to go with
          it from a raw tahini or something else. Very, very yummy.

          Hope that helps!
          Tim