Re: Eye color

  • Debra Thompson
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 16, 2005
      Hi Laurel!

      My name is Debra, and I'm new here - BUT - I have heard of cases where
      the amount of toxins in a person's body can be reflected in their eye
      color. Yours growing brighter and deeper is possibily indicative that
      in switching to this lifestyle, you have flushed out a good amount of
      toxins:)

      Blessings -

      Debra
    • abandonter
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 17, 2005
        i definitely get comments on how clear blue my eyes look when i'm
        eating raw, of course, they were already blue, just a little duller
        when i'm not raw. or maybe it's just my happy personality vibe that
        people pick up on when i'm raw.
      • abandonter
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 17, 2005
          welcome debra, i'm sure that the overall body appearance is much better
          raw. flushing out the toxins of all kinds would be one of my goals in
          going raw, i know i get pretty thin raw, not too thin, but properly
          thin.
        • Live Simply
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 9, 2006
            Just wanted to comment regarding eye color and diet changing it.
            Eye color is determined by genetics (see web link below for a simplified
            explanation).

            http://www.seps.org/cvoracle/faq/eyecolor.html

            I'm definitely a strong advocate for diet creating positive changes, but I
            don't think genetic make-up is one of them.

            Suzy
            Permanently Brown-eyed

          • Allegra
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 9, 2006
              I remember this from biology.

              I've always been curious though, because my eyes change color
              frequently. I don't mean from green to brown, but from DARK grey to
              grey/green to light blue with light brown. (Ok they've been about
              every combination of green/grey/blue/lightbrown imaginable.)

              I noticed a long time ago that if I'm in a sweet mood my eyes are
              lighter and usually blue, and when I'm in a naughty mood they are
              grey/green with a very dark cirle around the outside. Must be a
              chemical thing.

              - Allegra

              --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Live Simply" <sgsikora@...> wrote:

              > Just wanted to comment regarding eye color and diet changing it.
              > Eye color is determined by genetics (see web link below for a simplified
              > explanation).
              >
              > http://www.seps.org/cvoracle/faq/eyecolor.html
              >
              > I'm definitely a strong advocate for diet creating positive changes,
              but I
              > don't think genetic make-up is one of them.
              >
              > Suzy
              > Permanently Brown-eyed

            • Noctaire
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 10, 2006
                Even this FAQ acknowledges that eye color can change over time though.
                FWIW, the genetics of eye color are better understood today than they were
                yesterday, but it is still not fully understood.

                Case in point -- what could possibly have caused my eyes to turn from deep
                brown to ice blue one morning then back to their usual shade of brown by
                that same evening? No doubt SOMETHING happened (I saw the color myself).
              • T. M.
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 11, 2006
                  I had a similar experience when I was in highschool. I do have
                  naturally blue eyes, not ice blue, but a pretty shade. One day I walked
                  into class and one of the girls grabbed me and said, "your eyes are
                  silver." Sure enough they were. I don't know how long they were silver,
                  hard to keep track of it durning a class day, but they did go silver
                  for a while. Not a hint of blue at all. Very odd.

                  Taevia

                  On Mar 10, 2006, at 8:58 AM, Noctaire wrote:

                  > Even this FAQ acknowledges that eye color can change over time though.
                  > FWIW, the genetics of eye color are better understood today than they
                  > were
                  > yesterday, but it is still not fully understood.
                  >
                  > Case in point -- what could possibly have caused my eyes to turn from
                  > deep
                  > brown to ice blue one morning then back to their usual shade of brown
                  > by
                  > that same evening?  No doubt SOMETHING happened (I saw the color
                  > myself).

                • Noctaire
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 11, 2006
                    > I had a similar experience when I was in highschool. I do have
                    > naturally blue eyes, not ice blue, but a pretty shade. One day I walked
                    > into class and one of the girls grabbed me and said, "your eyes are
                    > silver." Sure enough they were. I don't know how long they were silver,
                    > hard to keep track of it durning a class day, but they did go silver
                    > for a while. Not a hint of blue at all. Very odd.

                    See, that's what I mean -- what in the world would cause a sudden, temporary
                    change in eye color that lasts several hours? Curious.

                    FWIW, I was looking at my eyes the other night and they have lightened a
                    bit. I wonder if the melanin in our irii reduces as we age as well.

                    LOL Be kinda cool if I could get blue eyes. :)

                    James
                  • whatever whenever
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 12, 2006
                      yes the melanin decreases. If what Tiffanny is saying is true, because my Grandad had Blue eyes but my parents and i have dark brown. i still have a chance to lighten my eyes from dark brown to hazel because its in my genetics right?

                      Noctaire <noctaire@...> wrote: > I had a similar experience when I was in highschool. I do have
                      > naturally blue eyes, not ice blue, but a pretty shade. One day I walked
                      > into class and one of the girls grabbed me and said, "your eyes are
                      > silver." Sure enough they were. I don't know how long they were silver,
                      > hard to keep track of it durning a class day, but they did go silver
                      > for a while. Not a hint of blue at all. Very odd.

                      See, that's what I mean -- what in the world would cause a sudden, temporary
                      change in eye color that lasts several hours? Curious.

                      FWIW, I was looking at my eyes the other night and they have lightened a
                      bit. I wonder if the melanin in our irii reduces as we age as well.

                      LOL Be kinda cool if I could get blue eyes. :)

                      James

                      Raw food diet Gabriel cousens Food enzymes David wolfe Vegetarian diet Vegetarian recipes