Re: [Raw Food] Re: Blue green algae

  • Pam Province
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
      Bill, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. They took the algae samples from lakes and other places where the bg algae grows all over the world, not from specific products. BMAA was found in 95% of the blue green algae. They found BMAA in the brains of people with Alzheimers, and ALS and other neurological diseases, and were looking for a source of the BMAA. (They are concerned about the BMAA getting into the water supply.) I'm sorry I don't have the specific links, but if you do a google search on BMAA and blue green algae, you will find the reports from April, 2005 that talk about it. Apparently this neurotoxin is very common in blue green algae.
      Pam P.
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
        Thanks, Pam...

        Bill Asenjo, PhD, CRC
        www.billasenjo.com
        basenjo@...
        (P/F) 319-351-1528

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 5, 2005
          I did well in the Cell Tech algae business, paid for my own algae
          and even bought a new car. Then my appendix ruptured and I took a
          month off. Several people in my up-line called to say that I was
          stupid for having my appendix removed and I should have just taken
          more algae. I realized that I was nothing more to them than a
          vehicle for making money and I quit selling.
          Also someone near the top of the company wanted me to smuggle him
          across the border into Canada (not far for me at the time) and bring
          him back through customs so he could get a stamp on his passport. He
          had been in the country illegally for 9 months. I was not ready to
          go to federal prison for him and he became very unsupportive of my
          business.
          Multi-level marketing is not the way to buy any supplements. They do
          not have your best interest at heart.
          Laurel

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Diana of Dewberry Hill