Greetings! We had a raw gathering!

  • ~*~Nikki~*~
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2005
      Monday night we had a rawfoood fellowship at our house. Raw foodists and friends interested in raw food came. Although we do not normally eat raw gourmet, we had plenty of it including cake, cookies, sushi, pates, marinated mushroom spreads and other yummies. We watch a Victoria Boutenko video and had many discussions.

      We weren't trying to convert anyone. Everyone knows the are better off eating more raw fruits and veggies...we had a fun time where everyone could enjoy the food. You see even meat eaters can eat raw vegan while we are unable to eat their food.

      I am planning a Raw Thanksgiving meal. It will be gourmet and indulgeant, but it's better than cooked food!

      Tonight we will have another gathering with the people that wouldn't fit into our home Monday night. Then we will be eating low fat (avoiding nuts, seeds,avocados and oils), and practically mono for a while.

      A funny thing, I used to tell people that going raw was very important and necessary for health and they all thought it was too difficult. Now I tell people "I am raw, but you don't have to become totally raw. Eating more raw fruits and veggies than you do now whenevr possible will be of benefit."

      Guess what! Three persons that I have said that too responded with "But I WANT to go raw!"

      Trying to convince or manipulate someone, even when motivated by love will not work, as people do not like being controlled. However if you are a living example and respect their self detrmination, they might surprize you!

      Blissfully,

      Nikki

    • jbarnha500@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2005
        Nikki,

        What a wonderful story. Where do you live maybe I can stop by?

        Very kool post. You are right on about people not wanting to be controlled. Good thing to remember.

        Linda Sue

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • denisedthomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2005
          Do you need Raw Thanksgiving recipes?
          I made a whole Raw Thanksgiving Dinner last year and I could post it.
          Denise