hello

  • ccozzart
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2005
      I am new to the whole concept ofeating raw food. I would llike to know
      if you guys have any recipes, tips that could help .
    • denisedthomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2005
        Lots of good, fun, easy and free recipes at www.fromsadtoraw.com. I
        recommend starting with "Fettuccine Alfredo" with optional "marinated
        mushrooms", as it is easy and tasty!
        Good luck!
        Denise

        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, ccozzart <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > I am new to the whole concept ofeating raw food. I would llike to know
        > if you guys have any recipes, tips that could help .

      • Lane Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
          Hi Bob.
          I hadn't talked to you in a while so thought I'd check in and say hello. How are you doing?
          I am still in Bermuda and living here pretty much full time now. At some point I will go back to NY and sell or rent my apartment.
          Meanwhile I have gotten back on a raw regime that is not complete but mostly complete. I began to feel badly most the time, and that was a wake up call. I knew what I had to do. While I was getting back on track, I had a two week migraine. That certainly was a reminder not to stray.
          I don't know if I will ever conquer my food addictions, but I know raw food is the best way. The only things I eat now that are not raw are veganaise, (basically grape seed oil) on raw veggies and cooked tahini in my salad dressings. Basically the salad dressings. I am not worried about them at present as I need to keep my eye on the big picture. They will fall away in time, I know.
          I am growing my own lettuce here in big pots which I bring indoors when the hurricanes come by. Like they are in now, because Wilma just went by. I will put the pots back out today.
          So I eat bananas and dates and berries and sometimes lettuce in my smoothies. I eat salad several times a week. And snack on fruits. I eat a lot of avocados too. and watermelon.
          So now I am starting to feel better again. Someone mentioned that my complexion has changed a lot. I think it is because I was unhealthy looking and now there is vibrancy to my skin.
          I realise all this probably sounds pretty boring to a veteran, as you have this down pat, so I will stop.
          The week after next I am getting a peach sapling ($10) which I will start in the back garden. Bermuda peaches are white and sweet and delicious.
          I don't know how much longer I will stay in my mother's house here, as we may be trying to sell it soon, but I can't resist planting some fruit trees in the garden, bananas are what first come to mind. Also oranges and loquats. I already have guava which I don't like much and surnam cherries. I would like lots of bananas and another avocado tree as mine doesn't have any avocados.
          Went on a wonderful walk with a friend on the beach as the hurricane was passing. It was awesome! The water was beautiful.
          Well that is life here for the moment. I'd love to hear your news if you feel so inclined.
          Yours in health, Lane
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2013
            http://pageslider.com/yyzpncwh.php

            Single Mom Makes $89,844/Yr in Her Spare Time on The Computer