Re: My intro....

  • Froggy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      >rich: eating airy produce is just like fasting to me.

      It's obvious you've never fasted. You're just embarrassing yourself.

      >rich: i don't see a point to fasting, i don't think it's natural

      (a) The point is to accomplish in 3 weeks what you haven't been able
      do in 3 years.

      (b) It's natural. All species do it. Not every animal has the
      luxury
      of
      being able to find food whenever it wants it.

      rich again: yea, but they're on the look for food when they're
      hungry.

      <What's unnatural is
      always
      having food around whenever you want it.

      >i don't see any of the other animals fasting

      They do it when you aren't watching them then. Some even hibernate.

      >and my body wants a certain amount of food each day.

      It also wants cooked food, but that doesn't mean it's wants are
      correct.

      >as long as it's getting healthy, raw plant food i think that's a good
      thing.

      Yes, it's a good thing.

      >why go hungry? i see no point to it,

      To get well faster.

      >but in general i don't see fasting as something that i would do for
      the long term, so why do it at all?

      Changing the oil in your car is not something you'd want to do every
      day
      either, but it's still a good idea to do it periodically.

      rich again: we've obviously reached an impasse here with the
      fasting, some prescribe to such as yourself, some don't.

      >rich: keep on trucking, what do you specifically eat?

      Specifically, different foods at different times of year, depending on
      what's in season, what I can afford, and what I grow in my garden --
      all
      raw.

      Today, I ate bananas, grapes, raisins, tomatoes, a zucchini,
      flaxseeds,
      brazil nuts, walnuts, an egg, broccoli, and kale.

      rich again: instead of raisins, eat grapes, i don't know what you
      use flaxseeds for, what are they and why do you consider them a
      food? an egg is not raw vegan, i don't like the taste of kale, i
      don't eat it.

      >Why do you ask?

      to get an understanding of a feature from where you're coming from
      overall.