Re: On my way!

  • tala_lumina
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2005
      Nice to meet a fellow Canadian! I'm just a bit further east in Oshawa.
      Close enough to Toronto to be able to get some raw food
      supplies/equipment but far enough away that "most" people look at you
      like you have three heads if you tell them you're vegetarian - not
      even going to attempt to explain vegan or raw foodist! LOL

      Tala

      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Farrell" <rjf2@t...> wrote:
      > Hey Tala!
      >
      > glad it's coming together for you.
      >
      > I used to live in Pickering, and worked in Ajax.
      >
      > all the best,
      >
      > Bob
    • Bob Farrell
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2005
        Actually, a southoftheborderer....(as in the kind, gentle neighbor to
        the south of you...lol!)

        and doesn't/didn't Oshawa have a big auto plant? Ford?

        best,

        Bob

        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "tala_lumina" <clegere@h...> wrote:
        > Nice to meet a fellow Canadian! I'm just a bit further east in Oshawa.
        > Close enough to Toronto to be able to get some raw food
        > supplies/equipment but far enough away that "most" people look at you
        > like you have three heads if you tell them you're vegetarian - not
        > even going to attempt to explain vegan or raw foodist! LOL
        >
        > Tala
        >
        > --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Farrell" <rjf2@t...> wrote:
        > > Hey Tala!
        > >
        > > glad it's coming together for you.
        > >
        > > I used to live in Pickering, and worked in Ajax.
        > >
        > > all the best,
        > >
        > > Bob
      • tala_lumina
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2005
          Well I hope you enjoyed Canada while you were here. Yes - Oshawa is a
          GM town.

          Were you into raw food eating while you were here? Did you have any
          good sources of organic fruits and veggies? I was quite surprised not
          to find any at my local farmers market. The grocery stores carry them
          from down south but I'd love to find some locally grown organics.

          Tala

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Farrell" <rjf2@t...> wrote:
          > Actually, a southoftheborderer....(as in the kind, gentle neighbor
          > the south of you...lol!)
          >

          > and doesn't/didn't Oshawa have a big auto plant? Ford?
          >
          > best,
          >
          > Bob
        • tala_lumina
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2005
            I used mine yesterday and I like it. The one from Ashton Green has
            three blades so you can do slices, big "noodles" and small "noodles".
            It seems pretty sturday and cleans up easily. I think I would've
            preferred a Saladacco if I'd been able to find one but this one does
            the job just fine. Good luck finding yours!

            Tala

            --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Kathryn Wolfe <wolfe_kathryn@y...>
            wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Where I am I can't find one either. Calgary, AB. So I will probably
            have to order one. Please tell me how you like yours.
            > Thanks,
            > Kathryn

            ]
          • Bob Farrell
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2005
              Hi Tala..

              no..sorry. Wasn't much into raw food eating then....was there from 94
              -96.

              good luck with sources.