Re: Acid vs Alkaline Food - ELCHANAN

  • korangeli
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2005
      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "INFO @ Vibrant Life" <VLinfo@e...>
      wrote:

      > Also, they are correct in this: in general, as a matter of simple
      > biochemistry, most vegetables are more alkalizing than most fruits.
      And it
      > is also correct to say that some fruits may be slightly acidifying
      with
      > respect to digestive ash, e.g., cranberries. But digestive ash is
      not the
      > whole picture in terms of overall body biochemistry, and more
      important, we
      > choose to look at the whole package, the whole food, not just its
      mineral
      > content. As always, any single-factor approach to health, even an
      excellent
      > one, falls short of any high-quality holistic approach.

      > we can go even beyond what they are doing.
      >
      > Best,
      > Elchanan

      Kay here;

      Scroll up THE POST BOARD and find I have some new questions for you
      under the heading: "CONTINUING THE CURRENT TOPIC"

      (Thanx - it's only a week till i go away fasting. I actually begin
      next monday)

      I have an issue.
      Here is an example:

      It is REALLY COLD TODAY. My NAILS ARE BLUE.
      I put the ELECTRIC BLANKET on before I went to bed last night (Global
      warming 'they' reckon..)
      During COOL/COLD WEATHER or LACK of SUNLIGHT I experience stomach
      spasms and cramping - I HAVE NO DESIRE TO EAT FRUIT.

      In fact the fruit feels as if it SITS IN MY STOMACH - Slower
      digestion. And I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BINGED. But I havent.

      My MOOD DROPS and I feel like hibernating.

      On days like this I force myself to eat - yet my food desires
      completely change. I AM EATING BANANAS WHEN MY BODY IS ASKING FOR
      FOODS LIKE STEAM VEG OR BREAD & HOMOUS (for example)

      It is FRUSTRATING to feel this way.
      When I have lived in northern climates during the LONG WINTERS, THIS
      PROBLEM HAD A HABIT OF DESTROYING MY PASSION FOR LIFE. IN THE PAST I
      HAVE LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT.
      I am HAPPY EATING FRUIT when it's SUNNY and when there are a VARIETY
      OF FRUITS AVAILABLE.

      QUESTION:
      Why does my system find RAW FOOD SO DIFFICULT DURING COLD WEATHER?
      Why does cooked food feel more comfortable during these times?

      I am NOT TALKING ABOUT CRAVINGS. I have NO CRAVINGS FOR COOKED FOOD
      AS A MEANS OF COMFORT.

      I need to get to the bottom of this - IT IS NOT A NEW EXPERIENCE.

      Thank you
      Kay x