New Quest' ELCHANAN ! - Teeth Love Kay x

  • korangeli
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 2:53 AM
      (All these questions I had saved!!)

      First of all,
      I spoke with my brother about SKYPE. To my surprise he has not heard
      this name.
      He was not very forth-coming, but then I use alot of his services - I
      am careful to be aware of this.

      He uses MSN-MESSANGER to speak with a friend in Canada and tells me I
      can use that method if I so wish..? (He is on BROADBAND)

      TEETH;
      Since re-commencing the fruit diet my teeth are contstantly coated
      with sugar. Even after brushing I can feel the roughness of this
      coating. I have experimented with a couple of different pastes.

      I have NO FILLINGS or major problems; but there is RECESSION - This
      area is sensitive to brushing.
      As advised by my dentist, I use an electric brush, cleaning my teeth
      in the way that he describes. I sometimes use a small INTERDENTAL
      BRUSH and always FLOSS.

      Further to his advice, I only brush twice a day.
      The BANANAS have STAINED the receeded areas a dark brown colour that
      doesnt come off with brushing.

      * My only concern is that this area is vunerable to decay?

      By continuing my LIFE PROGRAM of fruit based diet, need I not worry
      about this situation in favour of THE REDUCED ACIDITY by my food
      choices?

      I appreciate that all our dental problems come from previous habits.
      Could it be that PROFESSIONAL POLISHING using harsh abrasive paste
      could have damaged the enamel?
      My Hygienist refuses to use ANY electrical devices for cleaning my
      teeth during my annual check up. Instead she scrapes the staining
      away.

      Some of Us Members discussed teeth fairly recently. There was some
      ideas about TOOTH-PICS and the use of HYDROGEN PEROXIDE.
      However, I wasnt drawn to purchase such equipment in the
      SIMPLIFICATION of my life.

      IN ADDITION;
      A recent artical by ROZ GRAHAM states that Raw-Fooders make a mistake
      by GRAZING on food all day. This is HAVOC FOR TEETH.
      I eat about 4 TIMES a day, sometimes 5 TIMES.
      CITRUS FRUITS play a very small role, but would INCREASE should I
      reside here through WINTER. (Never lemons)

      I find that on MIXED DIETS I still eat about 4 TIMES a day.
      Is this excessive?

      Example -
      Breakfast: 11.00 8 bananas
      Lunch: 1.00 4-6 peaches
      2.30 2-4 medjool dates
      3 apricots (possibly)
      4.30 Green leaves with strawberries
      6.00 Apple or banana

      I understand you are NOT an encylopedia Elchanan!
      - Thanx for You Best
      :) Love Kay
    • INFO @ Vibrant Life
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 6:10 AM
        Hi Kay and all, I've snipped your original message, Kay, for the sake of
        those reading digests.

        Regarding Skype and MSN Messenger, I do not know whether MSN Messenger has
        voice capability, but Skype is the acknowledged "leader" right now for free
        Internet telephony. It's easy to download and install, takes only a couple
        of minutes. Besides, who wants to trust a private conversation going through
        Microsoft? Skype is encrypted.

        Regarding teeth, this is a huge topic, as you are aware from previous posts.
        Honestly, it is clear to me that no one knows nearly as much about what
        damages oral health as they may sound like they know, and this definitely
        includes me!

        "Recession" of the gums is sometimes a misdiagnosis from the medical
        (dental) industry. When we eat poorly, organs and tissues enlarge, or swell.
        Then when we eat well, the swelling vanishes. In the case of gums, this can
        show up as "recession," but it MAY mean absolutely nothing other than that
        you are becoming healthier. OTOH, it MAY mean something, depends upon the
        degree of "recession," and in particular upon whether it stabilizes on the
        new, improved diet, or continues to degrade with time.

        Regarding those stains along the gum line...look at chimps etc. in the wild,
        their teeth are all brown!!! Not that "pearly white" color to which we all
        have been trained to aspire. That "whitening" products abound should tell us
        all something, like "Run away!!!." Unless other issues present themselves, I
        do not regard this coloration, in and of itself, as a problem, except of
        course perhaps in a cosmetic sense due to the aforementioned training we
        have all received.

        The coating on your teeth is not sugar, sugar dissolves in water and moves
        where the water moves. You are cleansing, based upon your other writings,
        and this commonly shows up as crud on the teeth, tongue, etc. Eventually
        this will pass, and you may find that brushing seems "quaint."

        When you do brush, brush gently, very gently, in small circular movements,
        along and into the gum line, with the softest brush you can find. The
        duration, not the force, is the ticket. And use NO paste of any kind, it's
        all toxic, and it's all abrasive. If your tooth enamel is important to you,
        why take an abrasive material to it? And yes, tooth "polishing" at the
        dentist's office does indeed wear down the enamel a bit. As I've written
        previously, by definition, polishing means wearing down a surface until it
        is smooth. Doesn't matter whether one is polishing teeth, silver, or rocks,
        the definition is the same.

        Or just poke around in your mouth with small, moist (as in "green" wood)
        twigs, these work better than toothbrushes. This is not surprising,
        considering the identity of the designer. Besides, twigs don't come covered
        in paste, now, do they?? !! :):):):)

        I find flossing constructive for most people, given the widespread
        structural degradation of the oral cavity people are experiencing due to
        multigenerational effects of poor diet. (If anyone is interested, ask and
        I'll happily elaborate, otherwise....)

        I agree wholeheartedly with Rozi, grazing all day may be counterproductive
        in many ways, including for oral health. But your eating pattern sounds
        fine, as you laid it out:

        I find that on MIXED DIETS I still eat about 4 TIMES a day.
        Is this excessive?

        Example -
        Breakfast: 11.00 8 bananas
        Lunch: 1.00 4-6 peaches
        2.30 2-4 medjool dates
        3 apricots (possibly)
        4.30 Green leaves with strawberries
        6.00 Apple or banana

        If I interpret this correctly, than you spend at least half of your waking
        hours not eating at all, hardly "grazing!" :):)

        I understand you are NOT an encylopedia Elchanan!

        Correct, the content of my mind is indexed differently! :):) Just
        kidding.....

        Best to all,
        Elchanan

        --