Re: Finally trying it out

  • carolj1974
    Message 1 of 1852 , Feb 5, 2002
      Thanks! I've glanced at living-foods, but I will
      try sunfoods now.<br><br>It was neat trying to
      simulate one of my favorite cooked recipes last night. I
      made a raw tomato sauce with tomatoes, onion, garlic,
      olive oil, and fresh oregano, basil and parsley. It was
      pretty good--we dipped broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and
      green peppers in it. (Anyone who says this food is
      bland just hasn't tried it--there's almost too intense
      a flavor to some raw veggies! The avocado we ate on
      the side was a relief, with its mellower
      taste.)<br><br>I have a question about "raw" sunflower seeds--is
      it okay to just eat them? I seem to remember from
      this site that they're somewhat cooked in the process,
      does that make them safe to eat? We each had a handful
      last night, and felt fine. I was just wondering if
      this is recommended.<br><br>So far, I must say, I feel
      great! And even though I ate and ate all day yesterday,
      my belly looked really flat in the mirror this
      morning.
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007